28. Addition of Flame.

KYOJURO'S POV (At the HQ)

As I reached the gate the HQ, I was greeted by a maroon haired boy wearing some sort of earrings.
"Hello, I m Satoshi Kamado, nice to meet you. You must be Kyojuro Rengoku, the elder son of Shinjuro Rengoku-San, am I right?"

"Nice to meet you too, Kamado-San, and yes, I m Kyojuro Rengoku."
I replied.

"Let me introduce you to the others. Let's go in."

"Yeah, let's go in."

As we entered, I saw a familiar face. Itaki Sato-San, the Thunder Hashira. He is a very good friend of father and would visit us often.

I also saw a girl wearing a butterfly patterned haori and two butterfly hairpins. There was also a white haired boy with scars on his body, a muscular and tall white haired boy carrying two nichirin swords, a huge muscular man who seemed like he was blind and finally a blacked haired boy with a haori consisting of two different patterns.

Kamado-San and I walked towards them, and as we approached them. Sato-san came up to me and ruffled my hair and said, "You are finally here, Kyojuro. Here, let me introduce you to them."

TIMESKIP (10 MINUTES)

I was talking with Satoshi, he told me to call me that. We were getting along very well because our Breathing techniques were similar. He is the Sun Hashira, and from what I have heard, it is the most powerful breathing technique that ever existed. I also got along with Kocho, she is the girlfriend of Satoshi. As we were talking, two girls came and informed us that Oyakata-sama had arrived.

All of us bowed down. After that, a man who looked very young, wearing a white kimono which turned into pink in the bottom and had black long hair made his appearance..

"The weather is really good today."
He stated with a smile. He further continued, "Thank you for coming, my dear children."

Satoshi then greeted him, "I m very happy to see you in good health, Oyakata-sama. I will keep on praying for the well-being of you and your family, Oyakata-sama."

Oyakata-sama smiled and thanked him.

He then said, "The reason why I called all of you here is to announce something important."

"To support the Demon Slayer Corps, a new Hashira would be joining us. Kyojuro Rengoku, my child, you have proven yourself to be a worthy demon slayer. From your first mission to your latest, I have always kept an eye on you. And in your latest mission, you managed to defeat a member of the Twelve kizuki, the Lower 2. Therefore, I appoint you as the new Flame Hashira filling the void left by Shinjuro Rengoku. I expect great things from you, Kyojuro."

I was trying delight hearing that. I then replied, "I will do my absolute best to help humanity. I will not disappoint you, Oyakata-sama."

The other Hashiras except Shinazugawa,  clapped for me and congratulated me. Oyakata-sama was smiling seeing us. He then continued, "Satoshi and Kanae. I have something very important for you."

All of us instantly payed attention to what he was about to say.

Satoshi's POV

As Oyakata-sama mentioned Kanae and my name, all of our attention were towards him.

"Satoshi and Kanae, I want you two to head towards Machida. There has been many reports of women disappearing, and I want you two to check it out.  And I have a feeling that this might be the act of an upper rank. So be careful."

Both Kanae and I replied at the same time, "Yes, we will be heading there now, Oyakata-sama."

"The meeting is now dismissed."

Itaki sensei then approached us, and said, "Be careful both of you. If it really is the act of an upper rank, it will be an extremely hard mission, but as long as you two are teamed up, I m confident that you will succeed."

"I really hope so. We shall be taking our leave now, Itaki-Sensei." I said and I walked out of the HQ.

Outside the HQ, all the fellow Hashiras except Shinazugawa and Itaki-Sensei came and wished us luck.

Giyu - Satoshi, Kanae, be very careful. If it really is an upper rank, it wouldn't be easy. Good luck you two.

Tengen - Good luck you two. And give that demon the most Flamboyant death it can ever imagine.

Himejima - As long as you two are going together, I don't think you are gonna lose, but still, be very careful and good luck.

Kyojuro - Good luck you two, we still have to know each other better, since we only met, so don't die. *says the last part sarcastically.

Kanae and Satoshi- Thank you souch everyone, and we will definitely return back alive. We shall take our leave now.

And with that everyone left and Kanae and I headed towards the mansion to prepare.

To be continued........

___________________________________________

Author's words

Sorry for the boring chapter guys, but starting from next chapter, there will be a lot of action, and I m sure you know why.

Anyways, Satoshi and Kanae have received a mission and possibly, it might be against an upper rank. I wonder who it will be🤔

885 words.