66. Having Thier Own Thoughts

The dinner mode that day didn't change because of Chu Xiao’s IOU or Ling Fan took leave to buy clothes with him the whole morning.

He ordered takeout for Chu Xiao at that shop downstairs again, and then he cooked a bowl of noodles for himself.

"Don't you feel sick of eating the same thing every day?" Chu Xiao said disdainfully as he looked at that bowl of noodles in front of Ling Fan.

Just as Ling Fan heard this, before he could have time to organize his expression, Chu Xiao suddenly picked up a drumstick from the food box and threw it into his bowl.

That's right, it's throwing.

The whole process was fast and accurate.

Speaking of which, it was the first time Chu Xiao did something like helping others pick some food.

However, it was probably because the boy looked too pitiful and his food was too bad, so Chu Xiao did not feel natural about this.

On the contrary…

On the other hand, Ling Fan was so unnatural right now!

Looking at the extra chicken leg in the bowl, Ling Fan's movements were suddenly stoned. The originally silent face had a rare expression called "surprise".

His surprise at this moment was no less than when he suddenly found out through TV news that Chu Xiao was going to marry Luo Li in prison.

This was not just because in Ling Fan's knowledge, it was not what Chu Xiao would do to help someone else pick vegetables, especially for such a poor civilian like him.

More importantly, this was actually the first time Ling Fan had experienced it.

Pick up food for him…

Such a thing…

In the past, his mother, who thought about how to get rid of him every day, would never do that. In his past life, those students in school who bullied him every day to find a sense of existence would not. Later on, when he was thrown in jail, he should feel lucky as long as those cellmates didn't come over to grab his food. How could it be possible for them to pick up food for him? Even if they were to let him eat first every time, it was just because he spoke with his fists.

Therefore, such a little thing had become an extravagant thing for Ling Fan in two lives.

Without a doubt, maybe it was just a random action of Chu Xiao, but it happened to hit that point in Ling Fan's heart.

"Thank you," Ling Fan said with his head buried in his bowl.

Now, his mood was complicated.

The most, of course, was still feeling surprised, but as scared or what, there was a trace of warmth, and…a little gratitude?

Gratitude?

Hehe, he actually felt grateful towards someone he defined as his enemy, just because of a drumstick that he bought with his own money?

Sure enough, it was because of the personality defects of someone who had been lacking of caring for a long time...

Finally, with self-deprecation, Ling Fan lowered his eyes and said no more.