Chapter 46

If I just kept staring at him like this, things wouldn't go down smoothly. That much was freaking obvious.

He was too damn irresistible for his own good. There I had said it. Blake was freaking irresistible and right now I wanted to kiss him. I admitted it. So what? It was only my hormones speaking. That was it. End of it. Period.

And as much as I wanted to just tackle him to the ground right now, yes admitting it too, I didn't really want that.

It had been just a little over a week since we had really started speaking and being friends and as much as we had already been through, I didn't know how strong this friendship was. And I didn't want to ruin things. I didn't want to lose him because of some stupid move.

Alex had been a good example enough. If our friendship hadn't been so strong, we never would have been able to still be as close after our break-up. I didn't know how strong my friendship with Blake was and I didn't want to jeopardize anything.

Because I needed it. I needed this friendship. And I needed him.

"Come on Pumpkin, just ask me to take my sword out," Blake said quietly, smirking just a tiny bit.

And just like that, Blake had made things go back to normal. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm asking you to give me your sword, not to take it out," I sighed.

"Just as bad," Blake chuckled.

"You're freaking unbelievable."

"Thanks. Alright, go on. Read."

"Come now, give me your coat... and the sword..." I sighed loudly, rolling my eyes and Blake burst laughing.

"I just love this. You know there's at least three jokes I can make with this line?"

"Please don't."

"Fine," Blake pouted and then continued, "No. This is my other friend, innocent and true. Your uncle, Dona Sol, the old Duke, your future husband, is he here," Blake read and then lowered the script. "Now Pumpkin. What is that? Incest? Aren't you ashamed of yourself? Why the hell would you marry your uncle when you have sexy Hernani aka me in front of you?"

"This is just a play Blake," I reminded him.

Yes, it was just a play. That was all it was.

"Still not proud of you," Blake smirked.

"Alright, shut up so I can read this," I warned him and continued, "No, he is not. This hour is ours."

"This hour and that is all. For us, no more than an hour. After that, what does it matter? We must forget or die. Angel, an hour with you is worth a lifetime, an eternity," Blake said, and he sounded so convincing and I so wanted to jump him again.

Keep your hormones in check Lexi.

This was ridiculous. It was just a play. I was usually so unaffected by things like this. Like someone serenading just made me uncomfortable, like a guy coming with his guitar and saying I wrote this song for you before singing and playing a song? If a guy ever did that for me, I would be fighting really hard to not burst into laughter in his face.

But right now, this was beautiful. Surely I wasn't the only one thinking that. I wasn't the only one who was affected by this?

Of course I wasn't. Blake's history with all the girls in our school was proof enough of it. It was difficult to resist his charm. I was just like every other girl. 

Did he read love confession to other girls too? Did he make them swoon by looing in their eyes while reciting poetry?

I had underestimated his charms, obviously. I always only saw them as the manwhore school jock. But the dude had game.