- Nine

Adisyn Kay Wise

"What's your favorite thing to do when you have time?" God that was so fucking awkward! Ew. I sounded like a little kid trying to make a friend.

He tilts his head towards me "I don't have a lot of time," Well you must have something to do? "But when I do, I like to read? Umm maybe write? Watch movies? I don't know. You?"

"Pretty much the same things you said, I prefer shows over movies though?" Shows seem to be more fun to watch?

He shrugs before replying in a calmer voice then before. "I like movies more? I like how they aren't long nor are they short? What's your favorite genre of books?"

"Romance? Maybe mystery and historical? Oh! A fictional historical romance, I like those... Murder books are fun to read too, even if they're fictional... I believe romance may be my favorite?"

I prefer a sad ending over a happy ending? I always complain that specific characters don't have their happily ever after but I know that deep down I'm somewhat happy it was a sad ending.

I prefer to be crying over reality then be crying over something I know is fictional.

"What's the last book you read?"

I think about it, I've been reading a lot of books. But the last last book I touched was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone. I smile by the thought "I have a couple books I've been reading but the very last one I read was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone," I smile almost laughing.

He looks intrigued "You like Harry Potter?" I nod.

"Half of 4th grade involved me reading and watching Harry Potter so yes, I do like Harry Potter." I say with a sappy smile, I like talking about the happy moments. It makes me smile till my face hurts, just by the thoughts it makes my day.

I forget about the wonderful moments I've had and only think of the ones that hurt me?

"Did you make it your entire personality?" He asks giving me a look almost wanting to laugh?

"No, my personality was being an overachiever and possibly being a little know it all, mean girl - I painted my nails red or ivory, I had long silky hair, gold jewelry cause it looks better and I would wear these clothes that shouted '4th grade mean girl' that was my personality but in reality I was so nice! I was really naive," My smile fades as I say really naive because I was.

"My teacher was actually the one who got me into liking Harry Potter... She would like, allow me to go the library and get so many books and most of them were 6th grade reading level, I was a 4th grader reading at the reading level of a 5th grader or 6th grader, that was a big deal to me,"

"Were you an annoying kid?"

I look at him with my mouth wide opened, I notice a half smile on his lips "I was not! I was just smart! Reading and writing were my strengths oh and math too!"

"Did your 3rd grade teacher allowed you to do 4th grade and a bit of 5th grade math?" I shook my head. "I did, that's how great I am... I used am cause I still am," He says in such a proud voice.

"What about in reading?"

"Ever since I was 10 or 9, I had journals that I would write in... I still have them and I sometimes read them, it hurts to see how in one page I'm so happy and in the next page—" He starts to explain himself and I can finally hear him again except he stops. "We're here,"

Did I do something wrong?

Did I say something that offended him or what did I do?

We were having a decent conversation and we both seemed to be enjoying it, we were talking about something else other than work and he looked comfortable with me? His voice tone was a bit more calmer than usual and the way he would randomly smile looked to be that he was comfortable?