19 : Thursday

Step Nineteen: Avoid "'yes' or 'no'" questions. These lead to short and awkward interactions, and you won't get to be with him as much!

Waking up in Jason's bed is a dream come true.

No, let me try again.

When I wake up in Jason's bed, I count my blessings and ask myself what city I saved in a past life to be able to be here.

Ew.

In the morning, the most intoxicating smell greets me.

Ah, there we go.

Pancakes.

I'm a sucker for pancakes. Like, who isn't? They're amazing; the mere thought of them makes my mouth water. I smell banana pancakes and blueberry pancakes. And... is that coffee? Oh, boy. Jason has moved on from toying with my heart and is now toying with my stomach.

No, ew. That just sounds worse.

I think the smell of pancakes is messing with my last semblance of normalcy. That, of course, being my naturally dirty-blond hair. At least the hair is a natural color. That's the only normal thing about me. I think. Maybe. Perhaps not.

I stumble in the general direction of the pancakes. I see Jason standing in front of his stove, wearing a cute little apron. Jeez. Did I just make an "aww" noise out loud? I'm going insane.

Jason is startled by the noise and turns around. His eyes immediately grow larger than the steaming hot pancakes on a plate next to him.

~~~~~

The five hottest items on Earth, as ranked by Felix Gray, a.k.a. ThatOneGuyFromYourLocalFrenchClass.

          1) Jason Crowe. Wasn't it obvious?

          2) Pancakes. Specifically, pancakes made by Jason Crowe.

          2) Russell Chen with blue hair. Or any hair. Or—dare I say it—no hair.

          3) The Sun. Wait, no... the Sun isn't on Earth.

          3, revised) John Cena. I'm sorry; I had to.

          4) Seat belt buckles during the summer. Those things are the Devil Incarnate, I swear.

          5) Cute little aprons, especially ones worn by Jason Crowe on Thursday, February Sixth.

~~~~~

Okay, so maybe that was six. Whatever. I can't possibly be the only person who has made the mistake of writing a number in a list twice.

"—can sit down and wait," Jason is saying. He waves his spatula (or whatever it's called) in the direction of the living room. "I'll be there in a second."

I nod and almost turn away before I see it. A single drop if pancake batter, about to fly off the spatula-thing.

I run forward. "No!" I shout, as the droplet leaves the spatula-thing. Jason flinches, surprised by my sudden movement. I catch the drop with my forearm, but both Jason and I go crashing into each other and the ground.

The first thing he says to me is, "Man, living with you would be very entertaining."

"Um, thanks," I blush. He smiles and stands up, extending a hand to me. "Sorry about that." He helps me up, not letting go of my hand.

"Nah, it's good. My floor is still clean, thanks to your sacrifice." We laugh awkwardly. "No, but what I said earlier... I meant it. So, like, if you ever want some company, feel free to ask me. Russell spends most of his time at his family's house anyway, so I can get pretty lonely here. There's an extra bed, like, ninety percent of the time."