26 : Thursday

Step Twenty Six: Give him a fake message! Send, "hey, are you

I stop reading.

I'm with Jason, now. There's no reason to continue with this book; it's done. I've done it. It's been—what—almost four days? And I'm still reading this book?

I close the cover, placing my book onto the floor. "Down ya go," I mumble, saying good-bye to How to Get A Boyfriend 101.

Jason's arms snake around my waist, turning me around to face him. "Something up, Felix?"

I smile softly. "Nope," I reassure him. "Just thanking my past self for saving whatever city gave me good enough luck for this relationship to be possible."

"Aww, shut up. We both know I'm the lucky one here."

My lips quirk, my eyes narrowing in a playful, suspicious way. "Wait, you think you're the lucky one?"

"Am I not?"

"No, you aren't. I'm the lucky one." I shove Jason's shoulder gently, stepping back. I stab the middle of my chest with my index finger. Ow. "Look at me, Jason. I. Am. The. Lucky. One."

He leans in to give me a quick kiss before mentioning that I should try organizing my stuff a little.

Organizing...

Ew.

I have about an hour until school starts, and, after that, I have a big decision to make. Should I stay or should I go? Do I continue living with Jason, or do I go back to my single dorm room that Russell hasn't yet moved into? At the moment, I'm leaning toward one option. I think it's the one I'll go with, obviously. Otherwise I wouldn't be leaning toward it. And, although I'm leaning in this option's direction, I have my doubts. The thing about options, though, is that it's possible to choose between them, and then switch that choice. To switch a choice, one must first mull over their gut instincts and first decision.

I hate decisions.

Especially big ones.

Stupid, stupid brain. Get ready for your life to hit you like a bus hits Russell's cats. Or just one cat? Two? How many cats does that guy have, again?

No, no, no busses. Russell's cats are fine, I think. Nothing to worry about. Just my hourly dose of—

"Hey, snap out of it. You have organizing to do," Jason reminds me, poking his head back into the room.

I snap out of it.

Because.

I have organizing to do.

Nearly sighing, I make an exaggerated show of rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah..."

~~~~~~~~

"So, Russell, you asked him out on stage, without knowing where you'd go if he said yes?"

I'm trying to understand how Russell was thinking yesterday. He and Blake make a good couple, in my opinion, but they can't seem to agree on a location for their first official date.

"I thought we'd figure it out together, if he would even accept me." Russell's shoulders slump as he places his books on top of his desk.

"Even a fool knows that you always need to have a plan," I scold him. Me. Scolding Russell. It barely makes sense in my head. "Finding dates isn't as easy as it may seem, lover boy."

Russell drags a finger through the soil on our desk, the soil in which our sunflower seeds can be found. They're on the verge of emerging, just days away from growing into the beautiful, familiar flowers.