Chapter 12

After the sisters of mercy situation we kept driving west toward California. We were currently in South Park, Colorado. As we drove down the road we began to talk about Mack and Addy. "I was kinda hoping they would make it with us to the promise land." Doc said. "With this crazy world and everything that's happened, I wouldn't be surprised if we did run into them." I said. "It's a hard possibility." Warren said. As we kept driving we drove up into a roadblock. "I hate roadblocks." 10k said.  "Can't you just push that thing out of our way?" Murphy asked. "No thanks. I'd like to hold onto this truck." Warren said. Warren then began to turn the car to the golf course fence that had a break in it. "Well this golf course has seen better days." Doc said. "That it has doc." I agreed. As we drove on we stopped at a cross over bridge. Warren stopped the truck so we could get out.

"You think this bridge will hold up the car?" I asked Warren. "We better test it first." Warren answered walking to the bridge and jumping in it. "Seems pretty solid." I said. "Hello, Delta X-ray. Citizen Z calling all cars, calling all cars." Citizen Z said. "Delta-X-ray back at you." Warren answered. "Hello, good to hear from you again. Its been days and I worry." Citizen Z said. "Thanks, mom. Any news on Mack or Addy?" Warren asked. "No, nothing yet. Maybe they're just off the grid and can't make contact." Citizen Z said. "Maybe." Warren reasoned. "How's Murphy?" Citizen Z asked. "Murphy is pissed. Where the hell is that lab you keep talking about?" Murphy asked after snatching the radio from Warren's hand. "And have you found that witch doctor that almost killed me ? Doctor Merch?" Murphy continued, walking away. "I'm still working on that." Citizen Z replied. "And you call yourself the NSA? Quit looking at porn and find that quack. We got business to settle." Murphy finished screaming at Citizen Z.

As Murphy turned back to us I began to hear snarling and growling. I turned around to see a group of Zs heading our way. "Guys!" I said attracting the attention of the group. "Oh hell." Doc said. "I got the one on the right." Warren said aiming her gun at a Z then pulling the trigger. 10k also raised his weapon and fired at the Zs. "Two thousand, four hundred fifty-five." 10k said before shooting at another Z. Warren went to fire her gun again but failing with the click of an empty gun. "I'm out of ammo." Warren said. "Me too." 10k said. "I have a few bullets." I said pulling my gun out and began to shoot the Zs. I took down five Zs before my gun began to only make clicking sounds. "I'm out." I said making Doc and Cassandra grab clubs. "Remember keep your left arm straight." Doc said. They began hitting the Zs in the head taking down a few. "Let's run for the clubhouse." Warren said. We ran to the building with Warren in front to open the door. Once inside Warren closed the door shut.

As we caught our breath Zs began to come from in the kitchen to us. Doc tried to swing at a Z but became stuck in a chair. As the Z got closer to Doc I grabbed my knife and stabbed the Z in the head. Warren grabbed a club and stuck one end in a Zs face. "It's hard to swing in here." Doc said. "Keep your clubs up. Do as Warren does and you should be fine." I said as I took another Z down. "10k your sling." Cassandra said as she grabbed a bucket of golf balls. "On it." 10k said grabbing his sling and a golf ball. 10k then shot the ball at one of the Zs making it go through their eye. "There's to many! Go this way." Warren said as I took another Z down.

We followed Warren into the bathrooms and closed the door. As we stayed in the dark bathroom 10k turned on his flashlight as Warren, Darren, Luke and Doc held the door closed. "The door won't hold much longer." Warren said struggling. "Well, better in here than out there!" Doc said. As they started arguing gunshots runout through the building. "Gunfire?" 10k said confused. "You can come out now." Someone said outside. "That was not Murphy." Doc said. "Who ever it is we need to be cautious. No matter how nice they are people always have a motive." I said making eye contact with Warren. Warren nodded in acknowledgment and looked at the group. "All right, get ready." Warren said holding her hand up. Warren then began counting down to one. On one her and Doc opened the door with weapons raised.