Chapter 40

Vedangi was sitting in front of her mirror getting ready, for her haldi. She was adorned with yellow lehanga and diamond jewellery , the glow on her face and excited grin adding to her beauty.

She felt a pair or arms wrap around her waist, lakshmana was hugging her, " Tai, why are your cheeks looking so pink today? " She asked teasing, " It's the effect of our to be jamai ji lakshu " Maitreyi giggled making vedangi blush more, and her c...

She felt a pair or arms wrap around her waist, lakshmana was hugging her, " Tai, why are your cheeks looking so pink today? " She asked teasing, " It's the effect of our to be jamai ji lakshu " Maitreyi giggled making vedangi blush more, and her cheeks coating deep shade on pink.
Lakshmana was dressed in a simple yellow lehanga too, with heavy earrings and simple necklace.

Snigdha came in to check whether three of them were ready, " Why is it that elder sister always looks younger than the actually younger one " She said, looking at her own younger sister and then towards lakshmana

" We can discuss this afterwards tai, come let's go out, jamai ji's mamishree i already there with zuti haldi " Maitreyi said, earning a glare front snigdha.
************************************
Supriya and vrushali entered the hall, where all the guests were waiting and dasis were preparing for the ceremony. Both of them exchanged glances and parted, revealing bhanu and dushala standing behind them. Bhanu and dushala giggled and parted revealing durva and snigdha behind them. Everyone on the all was now too excited to see the bride and were trying their best to get a clear view by carning their neck.

Durva and snigdha parted revealing maitreyi and lakshmana. Everyone rolled their eyes, when the prettiest made her entry, with a shy smile royally. Everyone cheered and grinned, karna looked away, rubbing his eyes to erase the tears that threatened to fall at such an happy moment, suyodhan kept his palm on his friend's shoulder and indicated towards vedangi.

Durva raised her eyes looking towards bhanu and the latter nodded.

Navrai mazi ladachi.. Ladachi g...
Avad hila chandrachi chandrachi g..
( my dear ladli, who is going to be a bride soon, her face looks as bright as the moon)

Durva began singing along with vrushali, supriya, bhanu, snigdha and maitreyi , all of them forming circle around vedangi. Vedangi looked at them in awe, overwhelmed with all the love they were showering on her.