CHAPTER XXV: don't stay

⋆🏁⋆

⋆🏁⋆

══════ PAST ══════

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

🛑     TW : none.

🚦     i think this chapter imo involves a tiny bit of suspense and (as the americans would like) guns🥺🤪😍

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Y/N'S OWN BREATHING FILLED their eardrums, prompting them to pedal their legs faster. they hoped their footsteps didn't make so much noise within the city streets but they had no choice but to keep running. when they took a turn, they recognized the familiar area, looking in the alleyway to see the neon cactus sign.

your heart skipped a beat, your body plummeting towards one direction. you ran straight for the cactus bar, knowing where you were flocking to, going there already routinely. you frantically pulled open the silver door and closed it tightly, running around the small median bend of a hallway before being faced with the bar. techno looked up at you, seeing you hyperventilating like you just ran the olympics, which at this point, maybe you completed a marathon without knowing.

techno's eyebrows furrowed, looking at you with a concerned expression. "y/n/n, are you okay?" he asked, stopping what he was doing. you slowly dragged your feet up to the bar yet in the fastest pace possible. "tech, please help me. someone's chasing me WITH A KNIFE!" you exclaimed, hoping you didn't look crazy while attempting to catch your breath. techno's eyes widened at your words, instantly putting himself into a protective mode. he popped open a locked cabinet that was built into the bottom of the bar counter, revealing a shot gun and a pistol.

with the most stoic expression on his face, he jumped over the bar counter, going over to you and briefly scanning over you for any injuries. seeing there was none, you felt him gently but briskly drag you behind the bar, making you sit down on the floor by the open cabinet. "take the pistol. it should be loaded already. stay right here. i'm gonna lock the doors." techno ordered, making you nod and swallow down your nervousness. you could notice the glint in his eyes slightly soften when he looked at you, contrasting with the completely serious facade riddled on his face like he was in the military. you couldn't lie, this protective side of techno low key scared you but made you feel safe.

before he went off to do what he said he would, techno briefly went out back, grabbing a cold bottle of water from the mini fridge and handing it to you. "don't drink too much but hydrate yourself." techno warned, knowing that water could end up cramping you up after too much exercise. you nodded and brought the bottle to your lips, techno's figure running off to lock the silver doors and then run back behind the bar to lock the side and back doors. he put down the dual barricade bars at all the doors he locked, and also locked the windows on the way, ensuring the entire place's security.