thirty- seven

Hello! So I seem to be having trouble logging into my Wattpad account on my laptop. I'm glad I'm not having problems on my phone, but on my computer it won't let me add a story part and I tried to log out and log back in but it won't even let me log in now! If anyone knows why this is happening, let me know. But at least I can publish this next chapter on my phone.
Enjoy! I know you've been waiting :)

Cooper's POV

~32 hours earlier~

I've been on this hot and smelly bus for what feels like hours. The teachers on this field trip- my biology professor included- say that we need to reach a certain campsite. I know that it's still on Lunar territory, but it's in the middle of fucking nowhere so we can "obtain objective knowledge of plants and wildlife without human influence."

Honestly, it's just the middle of fucking nowhere so we can look at green things.

Since we have some humans on this trip, this means that the werewolves can't run to the location, which would be way faster than stopping every thirty minutes for some kid to use the bathroom or to get more snacks.

I'm sitting next to someone in my AP Bio class. They're a human, and they ask everyone to call them Scout, even though their parents didn't name them that. I honestly don't give a fuck what their "given" name is as long as they use the name they feel most comfortable with.

I guess we're both outcasts, and that's why they sit down next to me. After ten minutes of silence, I can't hold in my chatter any longer and I ask them why they chose that specific name. Then, we start a conversation about identity and how we're a product of our surroundings but we don't have to follow the norm.

I don't know why I never spoke to them sooner.

Actually, that's not true. I know exactly why.

In the Lunar Pack, we're taught to keep our distance from humans. The closer we get, the more likely they are to catch on to the fact that they're surrounded by werewolves. Things would be much easier if we were in our own isolated town with no humans around, but instead there is a divide between our kinds that most don't cross.

Since I talk a lot, that much is fucking obvious, I have always be cautious of being around humans. I'm kind of a blabbermouth, and I know that I would end up spoiling something or saying the wrong thing- and that would only endanger the human.

Bad things happen to humans who find out about the existence of the supernatural. The council is forced to step in, and from the minimal information I have gathered from Sarah and Nik on the matter, I don't want anything bad happening to anyone because I can't keep my fucking mouth shut.

So, since I'm stuck on a bus with Scout and other stanky, unruly high schoolers, I figure it's safe enough to talk about surface level issues.

Talking to Scout, with their blue-dyed hair and purple contacts, makes me feel normal. Like I can actually get along with someone my age. They get a tad aggressive when discussing politics or religion, so I steer the conversation away from those topics. Even though we agree on almost everything, I would rather talk about lighter topics.

Like poptarts, the school hierarchy, and how generally idiotic our classmates are.

The idiocy of our classmates comes about when Virginia's top somehow ends up thrown in my direction as she sits on Brenden to make out with him. I will literally never understand that desperate hoe. We're on a fucking bus! I don't want to see that.

Thankfully, the chaperone puts a stop to that really quickly.

In a few hours, we're exiting the bus and entering the cabins we'll be staying in for two nights. Why this trip has to be so long, I have no fucking clue. But, it beats a ten page paper that I would most likely fail.