Breaking In || .005

The red jumpsuit may have seemed uncomfortable, but it was surprisingly cozy. However, squished inside the vehicle with the other members of the heist, the heat was getting to her. She knew that she would be wearing the top part of the jumpsuit down for most of the time. Ava couldn't help but take a quick glance at the crew, who were all extremely capable. There were mostly men in the group, but the three women had such strong personalities that they could easily overpower the men on their own. Martin's eyes were fixated on her, but Ava immediately shifted her attention towards the others. She was still angry with him for what had happened the previous night. Martin didn't seem to care about how humiliating it was to scream at her in the hallway. He was convinced that she was keeping something from him. Martin believed that there was something between Ava and Berlin, but he hadn't found any evidence apart from them talking to each other occasionally. Given their past, Martin was afraid that Ava would leave him for Berlin, and it was causing his jealousy issues to surface.

         "Who the hell picked out these masks for us?" Rio shook his head as he said this and lowered the mask into his hands. Ava's mask was resting on top of her head for the time being. Her eyes cocked to Rio, her brows furrowing. The mask was the last thing that they should be worried about. People were going to take the group seriously because of the guns in their hands, not because of the mask they were wearing. Ava let her eyes wander to the two other women in the group; Nairobi and Tokyo and all three of them shared an amused smile and then chuckle as the men started arguing about the masks. Ava rested her head back comfortably, her eyes closing for a moment, and she took a deep breath. For a moment she forgot where she was. She forgot that she was about to begin a very dangerous but excellently thought-out heist. She could still remember the 'normal' routine she had when she stayed with Martin in her apartment. She was oblivious to this type of life for the longest, and it wasn't until she saw Berlin at her doorstep that she remembered the life that she had come from.

           The vehicle slowed down to a quick stop, and her head immediately jerked up, her eyes going to Moscow as he left the vehicle first. It was almost time. Time for the rest of their stops. She pulled the mask over her face, hiding her identity from the rest of the world as the vehicle picked back up to speed. Not even two minutes passed and the vehicle slowed to a stop again and this time she jumped out of it alongside the majority of the group. Martin and Rio stayed behind in the vehicle to run a few more series of tests. "Let's go!" Berlin called out, rounding the group together as they hurried into positions. If they pulled this off then the only thing they would have to worry about was leaving the Mint. That would be the trickiest part of the whole heist as long as everything else went exactly as planned, but plans didn't usually stay so solid. The Professor had planned for a lot of things, but love within the group was oddly something that he didn't expect. He had a son and a father, relatives, and he had Ava. Ava was tied to Martin, the Professor himself, and her weakness; Berlin. The Professor knew of Ava's feelings for his older brother, but he didn't calculate the lengths that Ava would go to save him and the damage they would do working alongside each other.

           The police cars slowed down to a stop, and it was the moment they were all waiting for. Ava and the others rushed to the doors of the vehicles, each having a gun pointing directly at an officer so that they wouldn't try anything. Ava was on the passenger side of the first police vehicle, her gun pointing directly at the window facing the man in the seat. "Get the fuck out." She snapped at him, waiting for his hands to rise after opening the door open ever so slightly. "Get out now or I'll blow your fucking brains out." The words were not true, though. Ava couldn't hurt a soul at this moment, but things slowly changed within her. She would no longer be the same person she was. He got out of the vehicle and stood in front of Ava.

          "Let's go! Let's go!" Berlin's voice was heard again as he hurried everyone into positions. Ava kept her gun pointed at any hostage that was in sight, threatening to shoot if they stepped out of line. "Hurry and change," Berlin instructed the team. Ava walked with Nairobi to tie up the men in the back of the vehicle, covering their mouths with tape. Ava got out of the vehicle and closed the door behind her accomplices Moscow and Denver. She quickly took off the red jumpsuit she wore for the heist and stuffed it into her gym bag. She changed into a comfortable pair of jeans and a silk button-up top. She replaced her old boots with a pair of white sandals and tied her hair in a tight bun. She scanned the crew with her eyes, but stopped for a moment too long on Berlin, who was dressed in a police uniform. It was a look she hadn't expected from him, but he wore it well. However, naughty thoughts surged back into her mind, and she struggled to push them away. "Ready Valencia?" As Ava got into the driver's seat of the car, Tokyo called out to her. Ava nodded in response, and Berlin stole a quick glance at her. Ava then jumped into the backseat of the car, right behind Nairobi, and leaned back against the seat. It appeared that everyone was ready to go, and they started the car. At this point, it was too late to back out.