Chapter 32

[Unedited]

Vote and comment.💙

Lucious looked up from his tablet at the sound of heels. His daughter entering his office. Having decided to run in real quick to take care of some quick things Andre couldn't sign for. He was reluctant to allow Andre to sit in his business throne without him present. If he came back and the building was under remodel he was gonna skin that boy alive.

"You got it?" Lucious questioned, as she handed over a thick Manila file.

"Yup."

"Do I want to know how?" Lucious asked, looking up at her frowning face reminding him too much of how Cookie looked at him this morning.

"He gave them to me."

"He did? Maybe he could be useful." Lucious chuckled, Angel's frown deepened as she crossed her arms.

"What?" He groaned.

"He gave them to me.....after he caught me snooping."

"Dumb enough to get caught? I'm disappointed Angel." He responded, unsure why she was mad at him for being slow.

"He feels like I only went out with him to help you. He won't answer me now. So thanks for that."

"And you been seeing him because you genuinely care for him? Or because he's a good distraction?" Lucious questioned, leaning back in his chair. Angel cut her eyes at him telling him what he needed to know.

"Thought so, this isn't my first rodeo. I know a lot about finding distractions. It dosen't end well for your heart or mind. Trust me I know." He seriously spoke, her scowl dropped at his words eyes softening.

"I feel bad about it." Angel admitted.

"Then apologize don't ask me about that cause I don't do that near as much as I should. I would say call your mama she's good with weaknesses and men.....that came out wrong. Look all I'm saying is if your not looking to actually get to know that FED let him be. Leaving a trail of broken hearts creates enemies and needs for revenge. I'll rather not have to off a FED, that's very messy." Lucious dragged on, his tiredness from a lack of sleep coming into play.

"Okay, you alright old man? Need a nap at 8 in the morning?"

"Its been a long night." He responded, Angel scrunched her face getting a peak at the red marks just beneath his collar.

"How's mom? So much gossip is floating around today."

"She's.....something." Lucious sighed, navigating a betrayal this close wasn't ideal.

"What's going on? The boys have been drawing blanks in the group chat."

"Thats what I'm figuring out. What you brought me determines whether I make some heads turn." Lucious answered, opening the folder Angel rounded the desk peeking at it.

She hadn't even thought about reading it, she had been too upset. A mugshot of Cookie with some blood on her cheek looking back at her. Lucious scowled at it flipping through a couple more mugshots of Cookie. One he gave a light chuckle at. Continuing on he flipped through his own mugshots. From several years ago down to when he was just 16. As he flipped through police reports, tickets, and court filings he finally landed on what he was looking for. The date glaring at him, he read their summary of events. From the FED that Frank shot plans that day, to his partners detailing of the arrests made.

Cookie hadn't been the only one busted that day, but she was the only one that mattered to him. Flopping past the documentation if the bust, he cane across the witness lists. A bunch of nobodies spanning years before the bust happened up until a couple days before. He scanned name after name recognizing a few, when his eyes finally hit one with a bullet point next to it.