⤷ 29

a loud knock on my door woke me up that morning, i pulled the covers up to my chin, grumbled, and turned back to my side.

"get up!"

i stretched again, buried my face in the pillow, and looked up indignantly as the blanket was yanked away from me.

"hey!"

"get up, or you'll be late" my father threw the blanket into the corner of the room and disappeared through the door shortly after. annoyed, i rubbed my eyes, threw on a cuddly jacket, followed him downstairs.

breakfast was already on the table when i sat down and reached for the milk.

i ate my cornflakes in silence while my father sat across from me and leafed through the newspaper.

i kept feeling his gaze on me until it became too much. i lifted my head in annoyance, glaring at him. "what?"

"i don't think it's right what you did."

i lowered my gaze again, all my concentration now on the spoon in my hand. "i'm mad at takeru, okay?"

"that's why you could have come to the airport anyway"

i rolled my eyes, continuing to eat.

"you've become so different. in the past, you never would have" i knew what he meant, yet i shrugged off his remark. what else could i have done? i emptied the bowl in one go and stood up - let's get out of here.

considering that takashi had ignored my numerous calls and voicemails, i was holding up pretty well on the outside. i smiled, told everyone i wanted to that i was fine, and didn't let the grief show.

a strange feeling in my stomach told me that i should be worried about him, but my head told me that he was just playing with my feelings.

"hey hey," emma said good humoredly as i put my bag down next to her on the table and sat down.

"hi," i smiled, unpacking my things, sitting down. "what's up?"

"y/n, guess what i'm doing this summer?"

"tell me," i grinned.

"i'm flying to paris!"

"how nice" i yipped, feeling something hit me in the back of the head. a paper airplane floated to the ground.

i turned around, saw yuzuha and hinata looking at us and raising an eyebrow "did we miss something?"

"emma is flying to paris" i informed her, but was startled when emma's fingers clutched my arm "and y/n is coming too" she squeaked.

i wheeled around. "what?"

"my parents said you could come too. if you want obviously"

"i would love to, but i don't think my parents will let me come" my mind drifted to my grades and i knew i shouldn't get my hopes up too high.

━━━━ ⌜ 伏黒恵 ⌟ ━━━━

"top of the class! top! can you imagine? me!"

i sighed, slamming my locker shut and trying to tune out hinata's ramblings.

"hina, can you turn it down a bit? that doesn't really make y/n feel any better" yuzuha muttered, looking at hinata punishingly.

hina's gaze flickered to me, she whispered a "sorry."

"hey, y/n. you can do it, we'll help you! please don't worry so much, everyone gets a bad grade sometimes, it's okay" emma replied.

"i'm fine, thank you but don't worry about me, see you guys tomorrow!" i mumbled, hugging my friends goodbye.

the girls looked after me pityingly.

my test grade was bad.

and that was in japanese, which was my strongest subject. dammit.

i walked down the hallway with a frown on my face, giving everyone who looked at me an even frownier look.

as i strolled towards the exit, suffering, some idiot ran into me and i slammed hard into his chest. "hey, watch it" i mumbled, looking up. a tall boy with black and blond streaked hair looked at me kindly.

"sorry" he smiled brightly at me.

"yeah, it's okay" i said grumpily, pushing past him. footsteps next to me made me assume he was walking behind me, so i turned around.

he laughed. "i mean it, i'm really sorry" he looked down at me, smiling kindly.

"yeah, okay" i replied, walking towards the exit.

an amused grin played around his lips. "i'm hanma by the way"

i nodded. "y/n"

"beautiful name"

that's exactly what takashi said when we first met.

this hanma guy was good looking, very good even. apparently i wasn't the only one who noticed - numerous girls turned to look at him as hanma walked past them.

they all seemed to be wondering the same thing; who was this guy?

i cleared my throat. "thank you. what are you doing here at school? you seem a little older than most here" i wasn't exactly interested in talking to him, but since he walked beside me and didn't leave my side, it was hard to avoid.

"that's right," he said, running a hand through his hair, "i was going to pick up a friend, but she doesn't seem to be here anymore."

"oh well, sorry for you," by now we had arrived at the parking lot. my bus was already at the stop, where several students were crowding around. i sighed, i really didn't feel like squeezing into the crowded bus. "well i'm off then. bye, hanma" i said, throwing him a quick smile as i walked to the bus.

"y/n, wait!," i turned around, hanma had his hands sunk in his pants pockets and grinned cheekily. "do you want me to drive you home?"

it's getting interesting here ooooh, she finally met hanma

it's getting interesting here ooooh, she finally met hanma. poor y/n doesn't know whats happening actually oh well.