My Pretty Nerd: For Captain_Awesome007

My Pretty Nerd

For Captain_Awesome007

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are both 16 or 17 ish

**************

You sighed as Hiccup walked past you, holding Astrid's hand. His shoulder slightly bumped yours. "Oops, sorry, (Y/ N)," he apologized, continuing to walk off.

"Don't be sorry, Hiccup. She's a loser," Astrid sneered, being louder than necessary so you would hear her.

"Astrid," he warned, pulling her along.

"What? She's the biggest nerd in school."

You sighed and threw your backpack over your shoulder. That was the fourth time this week Hiccup had bumped into you. Every time he would apologize, making sure to look at you before walking off.

You received a text from your dad. Be home late- (F/N)

Okay, you sent back, Be safe. Love you.

Love u more. Bye.

You dropped you backpack at home, making sure to carry your art supplies to your favorite park. There, you climbed your tree, sat on the sturdy branch, opened your art book, and started drawing.

*****************

A week later

*****************

"You sure you'll be okay, sweetie?" (F/N) asked, swinging his duffel bag over his shoulder.

You laughed lightly. "I'll be fine, dad. Go visit Aunt Marie ((or insert Aunt's name here if you have one)). I'll see you in two weeks."

He pulled you into a hug. "You're so grown up."

You hugged him back, "Thanks, dad."

"Love you, pumpkin. Take care." He opened the door and stepped out.

"Love you more. You take care as well." The door closed. You walked over to the window and waved when you saw your dad drive to the airport. "I miss you," you whispered, knowing he wouldn't hear you.

Feeling suddenly alone, you grabbed your art supplies and headed to the cheerful park down the block. You went straight to your tree and sat on the same branch as always.

You immediately opened your art book and starting drawing. The children laughing in the background was always soothing to you ((or if not then pretend it's at a distance from the playground area)).

But soon, the laughter got quieter and quieter before it disappeared all together and the light started dimming. A street lamp flickered on, providing the light.

You checked you phone. 8 P.M. You were going to finish this drawing then head home.

It was then when you noticed what you were drawing. You were drawing a picture of your crush. Hiccup.

"Why?" an all too familiar voice asked. "Why?" it demanded, in a harsher tone than before. You looked down to see Hiccup walking by, hoodie covering his head as he stared at the ground. He stopped and turned to face your tree. "WHY?!?!?" He kicked the tree in his anger.

It didn't rattle the tree much, but you dropped your pencil with a gasp.

It bounced off of Hiccup's head and he bent over to pick it up before looking up. You tried to hide but you were stuck in the tree.

"(Y/ N)?" he asked. "Is that you?"

"N- No. Well, m- maybe. Yes," you stuttered, making him chuckle.