Chapter 28: Acquiring New Power Sometimes is Quite Annoying

Cale was looking out the window, in the direction of a cave in the corner of Puzzle city. The cave was the location of the unfinished rock tower as well as the Vitality of Heart.

'They say that the person with Vitality of Heart lived until they were 150 years old... though the one with the power thought that the power is a curse, he died naturally of old age.'

• It's the Crybaby. The Ancient Power is likely the Crybaby.

'Hmm? Glutton? Crybaby? One of the friends you mentioned before?'

• Yes. Are you going to take him as well?

The sound of the Glutton priestess was a little hesitated but Cale could hear some eagerness to meet an old friend after so long.

'Yes, I need him to strengthen you. But it's good to know that you'll meet your friend again.'

Cale got up from his seat and walked out of his room. The kittens looked at Cale who seemed to be thinking about something.

'From what I know, he was trying to finish the rock tower in the Wind-Gathering cave. And he spent 100 years doing that.'

• He's an idiot.

'Yes. He destroyed the rock tower he built when it's about to finish. Maybe he couldn't gather enough courage for his wish. I wonder what his wish was, helping him with his wish is a good way to express my gratitude.'

• You're such a darling, Cale! I'm sure he'll follow anyway when he sense my power.

Cale saw Beacrox and Choi Han stood together talking about something. So he called them. "Let's go see the rock towers. Oh, here. I'm still weak, and they are getting healthier."

Cale said as he passed On and Hong to Choi Han and Beacrox. Cale didn't ask for their opinion at all, and dragged them with him. Cale casually chatted with Choi Han and Beacrox, while paying attention on some people.

"They are still here." Cale mumbled.

"Who?" Beacrox asked, hearing the mumbling.

Cale had hid his body behind Beacrox and Choi Han, he smiled at Beacrox's question. "My next target."

Beacrox rolled his eyes. "To save or to ruin?"

Choi Han then started to stealthily look at the two people that were leaving the area of the Ruins. A man in the wheelchair and a woman pushing the wheelchair.

"Hey, what was that supposed to mean?"

"Just as literally as it could be, young master."

"You're so mean. I never harmed good people." Cale finally left his hiding place and walked around again.

Choi Han smiled. 'So I am a good person in his eyes.'

Beacrox shook his head, and followed Cale in a fixed distance. He seemed to know the man in the wheelchair.

'Taylor Stan. From what father said, young master had ruined the chance for Venion Stan to be the patriarch already, so he wants to help this Taylor Stan to ruin Venion even more. What a vengeful guy.'

*************************************

Back to the two people leaving the Ruins.

"Why did you want to come here suddenly?"

"I have a headache just thinking about it. The Lord just keeps relaying the same dream over and over again, telling me to come here. My dream said the Chosen One of the gods is here and he's going to be our benefactor.

I wasn't sure if it's just the normal nonsense, but he really insisted on this matter. However, he stated that he doesn't know how the benefactor will act, other than the fact that he's going to be here today."