Seventeen

Sorry it's been so long guys. Life has been crazy... any thank you so much for over 4K reads!

Harry's POV

I rub my aching jaw as I sit down at the table, Louis taking the spot beside me. It's quiet as we do, and when I finally look up, I notice Mark narrowing his eyes at me and Niall and lottie trying to hold in a laugh.

"What?" Louis snaps, annoyance still radiating off him. He's been pouting ever since our little tiff earlier, me being mad that he managed to forget a condom and his blaming me for it in his defence. I know he doesn't mean it, he's just too stubborn. Annoying, stupid alpha.

"Nothing." Lottie replies, biting her lip to hide her smile as she picks up her glass and takes a sip.

"I don't appreciate you defying my order, Louis. I told you after it was done, not to again. You have to keep it special for the mating ceremony, and now we are going have to head down to the river again, for both of you." Mark scolds. I notice Louis' hands clench on his thighs, making me grab one and slip my fingers between his.

"We are sorry, Alpha Mark. It was... uh, it was my fault." I say, feeling my face heat up and making Lottie almost spit out her water and choke.

Mark looks shocked. "Well. We will- yeah, we'll head down to the lake tomorrow morning. Early. Your mating ceremony has been moved up also." He announced.

"What?" Louis says for the second time tonight, thumb stroking my hand as he feels me tense.

"We are moving the ceremony to a closer date. Harry is clearly... maturing early, and we should have it as close as possible just in case..." he trails off, looking between us two.

"What do you mean 'just in case'?" I ask, confused at what he's getting at.

"In case your pregnant, love." Louis answers me in a lowered voice, making me snap my head between the two.

"I'm not." I laugh, shocked and... well I don't know, not hopeful, but the thought that he thinks I could be, it's like a possibility...

"I know." He replies to me. "He's not." Louis says to Mark, making me bite my lip at his tone. He sounds so cold...

"We don't know that for sure-"

"We used protection the whole time." Louis snaps. Lie.

"It's not 100%, Louis! It shouldn't of happened!" Mark raises his voice, lottie, fizzy and I shrink down into our seats. Mark takes a deep breath. "Sorry. I didn't mean to yell, I'm... just not happy with this situation. This wasn't the plan. So I and Alpha Des have decided to bring the ceremony forward."

"When too?" I ask shyly, ignoring the thought that my parents know what has happened and what I've done.

"By the end of the month."

***

The next morning, we walking through the Forrest. Louis' hand warms mine from the chilly air, winter on its way.

The walk to the river is long, and with every step we take, dread and fear fill my stomach. I have a gut feeling something isn't right. I don't know whether it's because last time Louis was out here, he was fatally attacked by someone who is still unknown, or if it's just nerves.

Don't even get me started on the stress of the mating ceremony being only two weeks away. Louis' just been letting me silently freak out, which I'm thankful for.

He's walking in front of me, guiding my path as we walk between trees and grasses along a thin worn out trail. Mark is in front of him, following a single guard. Their are another two behind me. Mark insisted on bringing some of the packs warriors just in case of another attack. I have a feeling it's something, or someone, more.

We walk into a small clearing and stop. We are surrounded in bright green tress, the plants seemingly unaffected by the summers drought. I could really go for a run right now, I haven't turned in so long.

"Haz." Louis' snaps me out of my daze. He smiles at me sweetly. "The rivers just up here." He guides me forwards again, making me realise the others have already walked through a walkway created by bushes.

Once through, I hear the river before seeing it. It runs peacefully, clear water going down stream. The sun reflects of it nicely, making it seem to sparkle.

"Harry first." Mark says, making Louis hand my hand over to Mark. His hand is larger than Louis', but not as soft or warm.

I look behind us as we reach the rivers bank, seeing the guards sitting on the grass near a large tree and Louis watching me carefully. He gives me an encouraging smile. I can't help but feel frightened as I turn back to mark, not because of the ritual, but because of something else.

"All you need to do is go stand in the water in only your underwear, I'll say the ritual and then you need to duck under the water." Mark explains. I nod my head, pulling my shirt over my head. Looking behind me as I take my shoes off and unbuttoning my pants, I catch Louis' glaring at the guards before watching me strip. I can't help but smirk.

I ignoring the ice cold temperature, I step into the water. Once I'm about waist deep, I turn around and face the others.

"Oh great goddess, creator of water and the tides, cleanse this wolf. He wishes to be pure for his mate, their ceremony on their door step. I place his wishes in your hands, and let him receive." Mark nods to me, and I hold my breath as I go under water.

It freezing, but peaceful, the only sound being the water rushing around me. I open my eyes, seeing the light illuminating the water. My body feels lighter, and my chest fills with said light, making me loose my breath and rise out of the water with a gasp.

My eyes meet Louis', who is now on the water edge, a towel in hand. I rush out of the water, Louis wrapping the towel around my shoulders and rubbing my arms so I can get warm. My heart fills with warmth at the gesture.

"Your turn, Louis."

Louis nods, kissing my forehead before following the same actions I did. He removed his clothing, making me have to look away, and then heading into the water. He didn't display any effect from the cold, but you could see the goosebumps on his skin.

"Oh great goddess, creator of water and the tides, cleanse this wolf. He wishes to be pure for his mate, their ceremony on their door step. I place his wishes in your hands, and let him receive." Mark repeated, and Louis dunks under the water.

But as he does, a cry is heard. Both Mark and I whip our heads behind us, just in time for us to see one of the guards neck be snapped and for his body to fall to the ground.

And the eyes I meet, the man who is responsible, shocks me. As does the other two guards laying in the ground dead.

"Zayn?"