38

It was past midnight by the time they took a breather from making love nonstop with the prop Noah prepared. The cream and champagne worked especially well, judging by how Feng Yue moaned wildly and clenched him hard every time he used his mouth and tongue to taste every inch of her skin. After he spread the cream and poured the champagne onto it. He was addicted, and he was in love. These were all very new feelings for him, and it left a pleasant buzz that filled his soul with warmth.

"I have to applaud your stamina." He hugged her tight from behind. She was slippery, and smelled like the most delicious dessert in the world. If it was not for his grumbling stomach, they could go for another couple more rounds, and yet he had to stop and eat before he lost all the feelings in his legs.

"Yours is not that bad either." Feng Yue chuckled as she turned around and faced him. She hugged him and smeared the cream onto his body, then she listened to his heartbeat, until the grumbling distracted them both. She laughed and pulled Noah up. "Come on, let's eat before you die of starvation. I still have many plans for you."

"I shudder to think about it." He chuckled and moved only to grab food then devoured it, while his other hand pulled Feng Yue into his lap. He couldn't bear to be separated even for a second from her although they felt sticky right now.

"Did you make this quiche by yourself?" She ate a piece of it in a few big bites. "Super delicious." Then she licked the crumbs from her fingers.

"I'm glad you like it, although you tasted more delicious." He took her fingers and licked it clean. Then he intertwined their fingers together. "By the way, I want to tell you that I decided to sell the yacht."

Feng Yue looked at him with a question in her eyes.

"I just think it's time to have a proper office and proper living quarters, especially since we're going to work together in the future." Unexpectedly, Noah blushed as he touched his reddened ear shyly. Feng Yue never thought that this intimidating grown man, who looked like an apex predator, could blush like this, and her heart melted.

"That's great, you're thinking about… our… future… together…" she suddenly realized the real meaning of his words, and felt her face become hot. "You have to warn me first before you tell me something like this next time." She hid her face in the crook of Noah's neck, and he chuckled.

"Fine, I will do whatever you want." He then took her face in his hands and looked into her eyes, "So, do you want to work together with me? If you say yes, let's find a place together tomorrow."

Well, this sounded more like a live-together proposal rather than a work-together proposal, but she'd take whatever she could get.

"Okay." She held his big hands in her smaller ones. "Okay. Let's do it. Together." No matter how long or short it would be.

Feng Yue suddenly stood up, she couldn't hold back her tears anymore, yet, she didn't want Noah to see, so she decided to jump to the water with her swan-like movement. Noah was surprised, but he chuckled.

"Are you gonna leave me alone up here?"

"Catch me if you can!" She giggled while she wiped her tears. The water was a bit cold, but it sobered her right up and besides, she needed to wash her sticky body. Then a huge splash landed beside her and she felt a pair of hands pull her close to a warm chest and kiss her. She hugged him and latched herself onto his body while he moved his hands to her bottom to support her.

"You look like some kind of a siren under the moonlight like this. Wet, slippery, and beautiful beyond words." Noah touched her cheek softly while looking into her glowing golden eyes… glowing? But then Feng Yue suddenly looked in the direction of her left.

"Do you feel it?" She asked Noah while untangling herself from his embrace. "It's faint, but it's… here." She swam silently to the direction of the open sea, where there was nothing there. Noah followed her when he suddenly felt it too, the low buzz that gave him goosebumps. It was so low and if Feng Yue didn't tell him, he wouldn't notice it. He saw her stopped around one hundred metres in front of him and he followed suit.

"It's a high-level barrier." She felt the air around them changed. "Something is hidden here." She then looked at Noah. "Can you open it?"

Noah nodded. He used the array Xie Lian taught him to slip inside the barrier, not to break it as the action could alert whoever made it. Besides, he didn't know what's inside the barrier. Could be a monster's nest, or worse. He grabbed Feng Yue close and together they slipped inside the barrier.

"Nice." She clung to him as they went inside the barrier. "It's very strong, and we might not be able to break it, but to slip inside? Genius." She kissed Noah and started to look around them. 

The first thing that hit them was the weather. It was obviously approaching autumn outside, but inside this barrier, the weather was perfect, not hot, not cold, not humid, not dry. As if it was designed to give maximum comfort to whoever lived there. They looked around as they reached shore. 

It was a small island, with a sandy beach. The trees and plants were not natives, and there's a small stony path, obviously manmade between the bamboo forest. There were stone lamps with lit candles inside, alongside the path, just like the ones they put on the way to a Japanese shrine.

Feng Yue and Noah looked at each other then nodded. She was excited by this secret Japanese hideout. Someone must've built it quite some time ago, judging from the condition of the stones. They were smooth, and aged, unlike the newer ones which would feel coarser.

"Do you think someone lived here?" She asked Noah while they walked the stony path lit by candlelight. In a way it was a very romantic atmosphere, if they ignored the silent surrounding, as if everyone and everything were holding their breaths, seeing two naked people entering their paradise.

"I believe so." He could sense many living things surrounding them, but they had no ill intentions, more like… curious. "We have an audience, by the way." He pulled Feng Yue closer to shield her nakes body from unwanted spectators.

"Animals? Monsters?" She felt them too, but they didn't move from their position. Curious maybe.

"We're going to find out soon." He pointed at a tall stone, and found two kimonos on top of them. They looked at each other and took them. They were made from the softest silk in beige color, with peach blossoms embroidery on them, and Feng Yue wore it to cover her nakedness. She almost sighed from the comfort of the robe, and she saw Noah did the same.

"Did they know that somehow we're trespassing?" She grabbed his arms and pulled him closer. This was getting stranger and stranger.

"With that high-level barrier? Whoever erected them would know if a fly tried to enter. And judging by the location, in the middle of nowhere, I'm surprised they didn't turn into violence by the time we entered here."

"They didn't want to be found."

"Exactly." 

They looked at the long and winding stairs that disappeared in the fog that suddenly appeared and took a deep breath. The air was very clean here and Feng Yue couldn't feel any signal from electronics. It was like they were thrown back in time.

"Thank god we're hunters." Noah climbed the first steps, taking Feng Yue with him. "Let's go, and don't worry, I don't feel any threat from here. We just have to find out together. Our first official job." He smiled and Feng Yue melted. She would do anything to make him smile like that. Besides, what's the worry? She's an indestructible, unbeatable, Angel Devourer that put fear in many creatures. And she had to protect Noah.

"Our first official job." She smiled sweetly and took Noah's hand as they climbed the stairs together.