21| Shipwrecked

Chapter 21: Shipwrecked.

The fondest memory I could remember of my dad were the ones when we sat on the couch, watching UFC matches.

I was too young to even understand what was happening but I gladly watched just to spend sometime with him sober.

It made me realise how much I admired Jaxon Malik, in a way, he helped keep my family together... For a while. But what happens when that man, your saviour, doesn't even know or like you?

I woke up to the sudden morning light filtering through the french door of the balcony. With a sigh, I hopped out of bed, rubbing my eyes with the back of my palm.

I'd been so tired, I'd fallen asleep with the clothes of yesterday.

Once I'd managed to change into something comfortable, an oversized Dragon Ball t-shirt and knee length shorts, I finally opened my door.

And there he was.

Ashtons door was wide open, revealing the charming boxer lying on his bed, body carved like a Greek god. My breathing hitched as his eyes turned to me.

"Morning," he mumbled.

I nodded, trying to walk out the corridor before he followed me.

Oop! Too late.

Ashton jumped out the bed, wearing a simple sleeveless shirt and red black boxer.

I forced my eyes away from his well toned and exposed thigh.

Oh god! It's too early for this.

"Um... Are you going to put some pants on?" I asked like a complete weirdo.

He shrugged, crossing his arms over his strong chest in amusement.

I hurriedly made my way past him as I pushed back the warm glow in my cheeks.

I could hear him chuckle behind me as I took the stairs two at a go, desperate to escape his range of effect.

I'd been bold enough to attempt taking it three at a go once his steps equally got faster. Tripping on the stairs, I fell straight down, my face unprotected as I almost aimed to make contact with the marble stairs.

He held me, grabbing my arm with his much stronger one, his other hand circled around my waist, stabilizing my fall.

"Careful," he said in a tempting tone, a smile carved unto his face.

"Thank you," I said casually before walking even faster.

•••

I ventured into the massive kitchen, standing in awe as I stared.

Double granite counters sat at the centre of the room, a fruit basket placed on one below a shinning chandelier. A magnificent five layer oven sat at the corner of the kitchen.

A lady ran around, preparing breakfast. She seemed to be a little older than Ashton's mom, her hair tied into a bun with an apron draped over her.

She looked over at me with grey eyes. "Hello darling, you must by the guest, Mannie is it?"

"It's Maddie actually," I corrected with a smile.

"Of course, of course... Ashton has told me so much about you."

Really? Things like what?