35. Checkmate

A/N: I know...I know.. Here's my weekend gift to all. I cannot help but to write this chapter. Lovelots!

#######

"Natalia." A baritone voice spoke up.

"Y...your highness?" Natalia uttered in surprise and blinked a few times at the man standing before her.

"Told you I'll see you in the future." Prince Neero, who's wearing a light blue formal long-sleeved shirt paired with black slacks and black leather shoes, beamed at the woman.

"What're you doing here?" The beautiful lady asked in confusion. It's such a coincidence that the royalty is at the same country and at the same hotel at the same time.

"I'm one of the new shareholders of this grand hotel. I'm a businessman too after all." He informed and winked at her.

"Your highness..you made it." Mr. Kana greeted warmingly and bent down his waist.

"Mr. Kana, you can address me with my business name. Mr. Jabal is fitting." The royalty replied and bowed his head in return. The middle-aged man nodded and raised his hands as a gesture to let the royalty enter the board room for the meeting.

"I'll see you later, Natalia." The Prince stated smiling at her. His stare lingered at the woman before completely disappearing behind the door.

The woman who was still startled, subconsciously pulled her assistant to go back in their room.

At the other side of the hallway, a silent man in a black suit witnessed the exchange between the two persons. He saw how the woman smiled at the man and how the man gently looked at the woman. His hands which were inside his pockets balled into fists but his face remain expressionless.

Sergei, who also witnessed the scene, cleared his throat. "Sir, I shall now join the meeting." As he was saying this, Alexander put his hand on Sergei's shoulder.

"I will attend the meeting." With that, Alexander strode forward while buttoning his coat and elegantly entered the board room.

--------------

At the other side of the world

"Devon.." Ariel embraced the man from behind.

"Hmm?" Devon replied as he worked through his laptop.

"Do you remember what you said to me back then?" The woman whispered to the man in a provocative way.

"Don't worry Ariel, you can plan ahead for the wedding. Then you can show it to me after." Devon replied with a controlled voice. Honestly, he forgot about it. His head was still bothered about the night of the gala. He wanted to be responsible for Natalia once she conceived their offspring.

Ariel on the other hand became happy with Devon's reply. She cannot wish for anything at the moment. She got her man and that man became powerful as she dreamed about and she's just waiting to be the Madam of the Yushkova household.

What's more, her good-for-nothing bestfriend is nowhere to be found. The social circle has now labeling her as the 'great beauty' of the city capital.

Convinced with her fortune, she got wild again with Devon that very night.

--------------

As the meeting commenced, everyone was sitting quietly and most of them were nervous as the big boss is present and emanates a very cold atmosphere. The presenters had done a good job of reporting about their own departments and for that, the boss didn't say anything that will make them kneel down.