― 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘‒𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

「 CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE」

WALKING UP TO you who was talking to Oikawa, Ushijima called out.

"Oikawa. See after that match, do you still think you can win with this team?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Oikawa rolled his eyes.

Ushijima then turned to you. He put on the best face he could make, which is his usual stoic face.

"L/N, you should've stayed in Shiratorizawa," Ushijima said with his arms spread.

With a smile, you told him, "Sorry Ushijima-san, I'm in Aoba Johsai now. And if I could transfer, I'd still like to stay here."

The ace nodded. "I see. I respect your decision, though you still should've stayed."

You scratch your cheek awkwardly, denying his offer once again.

"And Oikawa, you too, should've come to Shiratorizawa."

Oikawa's face twisted. "Oh, I don't think I would."

"Shiratorizawa is an excellent school where you can polish that setting skill of yours and stand on the national stage. And with you-"

"Alright, alright, shut up now, please, Ushiwaka," Oikawa said, mockingly using the nickname he gave to Ushijima.

"I still wouldn't go to that school of yours. Even if that 'National Stage' offer thing is tempting. But, no, thank you."

"Shiratorizawa is better than Aoba Johsai."

"Well, Seijoh is better!"

Sweatdropping, you could only watch the scene unfold. 

"Yo, Wakatoshi," Another voice joined in. "We're going back."

You turned around and were met with another familiar face.

It was Shiratorizawa's setter, Semi.

"Woah, hey, it's L/N."

"WAIT! Manager-chan, you know him?!" Oikawa shriek and immediately went to your side.

"Uh yes..?" That came out as a question rather than a statement. "He interns at my Dad's agency."

By now, Oikawa literally gave up. You knew his rivals more than you knew him. Hmph

*₊˚──────.♡༉─ ˊˎ-

The lights in the gym of Aoba Johsai shone in the dark sky. It was late but the team was still practicing. Muffled sounds of volleyball hitting the wooden floor could be heard throughout the gym followed by compliments of receives, spikes, or blocks.