Chapter 18 - Good riddance to bad rubbish

Aya

"Are you serious?" I Said excitedly into the phone I held between my ear and my shoulder while I served myself 4 big scoops of the tasty and creamy Häagen-Dazs white chocolate raspberry truffle ice cream in a glass bowl, Because What's better than ice cream on a free day? That's right, nothing!

"Yes, I actually wanted to tell you since yesterday but I was busy with my shift at the hospital" Hafsa responded, sounding just as excited as I was "we've been planning it for quite a long time now, thought we'd surprise you"

I smiled widely even though she couldn't see me "awwwh you guys are so thoughtful, this is exactly what I need to rewind"

"You better switch your phone off when you arrive dai because you're not going anywhere till we're done"

"Don't worry, I'm free today so nobody will call me" I chuckled "see you in a bit"

"Alright toh, love you"

"Love you too Hafsy nah" and then we hung up on each other.

I couldn't hold my excitement in. After what felt like forever, me and my girls finally got the time to chill and catch up with each other. Hafsa being the amazing person she is hosted a little picnic at millennium park, and she invited the entire gang; me, herself, Maryam, Habiba, Khadija and Amal. Everyone had been so busy with their own lives, her (Hafsa) at the hospital, Amal at her beauty parlor, Maryam at her fashion-house, Khadija in turkey for her masters degree in petroleum chemistry, Habiba at her cyber cafe and me caught up in my acting and influencing web, so yeah, we hadn't really had a chance to catch up, not even through the phone.

The time of the picnic was by 3:30 in the afternoon, and it was just 11am then, so I had enough time to finish my ice cream, get ready, and make a little something to take along with me. No running around like a mad woman in order to not be late. Yay!

"Aya!" Just as I stuffed my mouth with the ice cream, Hafeez's voice came through, followed by Hafeez himself.

"Yeah?" I raised my head up to look at him, and as usual he was shirtless "what do you need?"

"Asma wants to talk to you," and then he handed me his iPhone 12 pro max, which I took "she couldn't reach you so she called me"

I put the phone in my ear, and her voice rang immediately "hey hey dimples!"

That made me smile. She nicknamed me dimples because apparently, my dimples were too deep and cute. I can't even remember the last time Asma called me by my name, while in return, I call her chatterbox because she is indeed a chatterbox.

"My Baby, How are you?" Knowing that she couldn't see me didn't stop me from grinning so widely.

"I'm fine alhamdulillah, you?"

"Same" I replied "sorry about my phone, airtel has been insane lately wallahi, I'm even thinking of changing my line"

"You better, because you don't know how many times I called yet not once did it go through, it doesn't even ring" she complained "anyway, I called to tell you that I'm coming over tomorrow. I'll be spending two weeks with my favorite people!"

"Really?" The grin got wider "such perfect timing because I get bored sometimes"

"I guess it's a win win for both of us because Azeeza is getting on my last nerve, I can't stand her for another minute" she hissed, making me chuckle lightly.