Chapter 35 - After-school Surprise

'Still no signs of rain..'  I was looking out the window while our teacher was explaining something about a mathematical formula. 

'Ugh.. I wanna go home already..'

As if my prayers were answered, the bell indicating the end of the class rings. All of us rush to pack our bags as it was the last class of the day. The teacher just sighs at our rowdy behaviour and leaves the classroom. 

As I was hurrying, my eyes meet a girl's who immediately looks away after the eye-contact. She was not rushing to go out like the others. She was taking her time, rather it looked like she was doing everything slow on purpose.

"Whatchu looking at?" Sakura follows my gaze curiously. "I heard she's transferring to another school again, Fujiko Hana." She whispers in my ears. 

"But didn't she transfer here just a few months back?" I question.

"Yeah.. I'm not sure myself. You know how quiet she is. I've never seen her talk to anyone." Sakura sighs.

"Maybe her parents move around a lot?" I think for a possible reason. 'Maybe I should try talking to her tomorrow morning..' I think to myself. 

But what Aoi didn't know was that it would be impossible to talk to Fujiko Hana again, because she was about to transfer the very next day.

[ A/N: A slight tease for my future book ;) This is just a character introduction though, this scene won't be relevant in that book xoxo ]

Heading out the school entrance, I'm suddenly greeted by two adorable rays of sunshine.

"Onee-chan!" Luna and Mana say in unison while running up to me and giving me a hug. Although a bit surprised by their sudden appearance, I pat their heads and smile at them.

"How did you guys get here?" I ask.

"Sorry for coming unannounced." A male voice says from the back and it was only then I realised that Takashi was standing right there at the back.

"Takashi?"

"They begged me to let them meet you." He sighs. "I told them you were busy but they said only a little while will also do.. I apologise for this." 

"But onii-chan said-" Takashi quickly covers Luna's mouth before she could say anything further. "I told you to keep it a secret!" Takashi whispers in his younger sister's ears. "Sorry, I forgot!" Luna whispers back.

Being unable to hear what they're whispering, I reply to Takashi, "No no, it's completely okay!" I shake my arms, saying that it was not a big deal and he didn't have to feel apologetic. 

"I'm sorry for not being able to visit often." I say to the two tiny girls. "But how did you know which school I go to?" I ask Takashi.

"You said it once when we were playing with Luna and Mana at my house." Takashi makes a thinking pose.

"Hmm.. Maybe I did.. I think I said it in passing though. Can't believe you actually remember!" I laugh. "You've got amazing memory power."

"It's nothing much." He sheepishly smiles and rubs the back of his head. 

"So where do you guys want to go?" I grab Luna's hand on my right and Mana's on my left. 

"Playground!" They happily cheer. 

"Okay then! Let's go!!" I rush in enthusiasm, with Takashi following closely behind.