Chapter 37 - Girls' Talk

I was staring at my phone while lying down in bed. Having come home after discussing everything with Hanma, I made sure to hide the pistol in a locked drawer. 

I messaged Sakura to make sure she doesn't worry, telling her that I was walking through a dark alley to explore like before. 'Yeah, got a plethora of scolding from her for doing that.' I smile a bit, feeling warm at how worried she was.

'Looks like they still haven't discussed about Emma currently. And Izana was faltering a bit due to Hanma. He still trusted Kisaki but seeds of doubt were definitely planted. Hanma's working with me way better than I expected. I wonder why he found me interesting in the beginning..'

'Am I an interesting person? I've always thought of myself as boring in my past life.. Though I regained memories as Skyla, me who is Aoi was never a person who stood out too.'

"It's been a while since I thought about the past.." I mumble to myself. 'My urges to smoke have also ceased after a galore of lollipops.'

I was always intrigued by the idea of reincarnation, past lives, parallel universes, but now that I'm actually here with past memories, I've never really given much thought about it. 

'I wonder what Takemicchi thinks about his sudden time-leaping ability.. Would there be times when he's hated it?'

My random thoughts are interrupted when all of a sudden my phone starts buzzing with many messages.

'Happy Birthday Aoi!!!' 

The first one to message me right at 12 am was Sakura. 

'Happy 16th Aoi!'

'Happy Birthdayyyyyy'

'Happy Birthday<333'

Three messages from Yuzuha, Emma and Hina followed right after. I immediately thanked them, confirming our plans to meet at Hina's place today. 

'Hmm.. I'm 16 now..' I retract back into my thoughts, covering myself with the fuzzy blanket and slowly falling asleep. 'Time goes by really fast..'

.

.

.

After my dad's tears about me growing older, and mom's delicious strawberry cake, I make my way towards Hina's place during the afternoon. I reply to a few school friends' congratulatory messages that I received on the way.

"Aoi!!" I'm tackled into a big hug right after I reach the entrance. Without looking back, I know who it is. 

"Sakura.. I can't breathe!" I struggle in her arms and lightly push her away. 

"Hmph..." She pouts at my reaction while I just smile at her antics. Smelling the scent of strawberries, I immediately reach out my hand, knowing what she's brought in the bag.

"Do you have a dog's nose or something?" She sighs and laughs. 

"Only for Ichigo Daifuku." I smile in a content way, looking at the pack of fresh strawberry mochis that Sakura brought for me.

"Happy birthday once again!" She gives me the pack and we ring the doorbell.

We're greeted by Hina at the door and make our way in. She tells us that her family is out for the time being. Inside her room, Yuzuha and Emma were waiting excitedly.