1 : Who Cares?

Being a psychic in real life is more of a curse, than a blessing. Imagine waking up every morning to find your head flooded with various thoughts, all of which do not belong to you. That is the life of Saiki Kusou, me.

This burden has caused me many problems, cause I always just so happen to struggle to keep my own thoughts separate from those of others. It's impossible to stay focused on my studies when I'm constantly bombarded with unwanted information (not that I need to study anyways).

Let's get to the worst part.  

I can never go anywhere in peace. My thoughts are never my own and I always feel suffocated by these whiny thoughts.  

Even when I try to tune everyone out, it's impossible. There is no limit to the number of people that constantly have something to say in their minds.  

I never know what I'm going to get when I wake up in the morning as a psychic. I could either have a peaceful day or one that is filled with turmoil and drama.

For some reason wherever I go, I receive unwanted attention from others. I just want one day of peace and is it too much to ask for? Sometimes I feel as though one of my psychic powers is actually attracting attention.

[Talk about positive things in your life man]

Yes there is a silver lining, coffee jelly

Coffee jelly feels so smooth and silky on my tongue. The rich flavor of coffee is full of subtle sweetness and mild hint of bitterness. The mixture of flavors and textures make me wanna go- ah.

[Excuse me?]

Oh I'm off topic. Now where was I?

[Am I supposed to forget what I witnessed-?]

Ah yes. My life as a psychic. I hate it. I long to be that one boring kid from my class. Honestly that girl is so boring that I even forgot her name.

[Rude of you to say that]

The nameless maiden [lmao maiden what are you a renaissance ma-] finds herself in an endless loop of the same mundane routine.

How boring.

...

How lovely!

When you think about it, being normal is not a bad thing. You get to live your life without much worry, you have the ability to just exist.

I, on the other hand, live in a world with not even a hint of normality, everything in my life is just so strange.

This nameless maiden,

[mAiDen]

her thoughts are pretty ordinary. In fact, everything about her is pretty ordinary. She's not ugly or beautiful.

[You take it back-! She's lovely!]

She has an average face and average grades. I would say she's not even worth the glance.

I like that.

[Ooh kinky~]

Sometimes I feel the almost unstoppable urge to stalk to get a glimpse of that wonderful life she lives.

[Ooh criminal offense~]

I of course wouldn't do that. I'm not a bad guy. Perhaps I should befriend, not my thing really but better than stalking.

...

But what if-those nuisances start befriending her too?

Then her perfectly ordinary life would come crushing and crumbling down into a thousand million pieces because of my selfish desires.

I shall never forgive myself for that...

[Why are you being so dramatic-?]

Honestly who cares, it's worth a try, I can always fix things anyways.

× × ×

[Rewriting this old fanfic cause why not]