pro̶lo̶gue

"we had no time to say goodbye

so let's not call it that.."

"did you think we could do it? together?"

...

"[redacted name]..."

...

"[redacted name]!!!"

☹︎

"Hey! [redacted name] get the hell up! you're sleeping on the job again! you preach hot shit about climbing the hierarchy but how the hell do you expect for everyone to wanna depend on you to be an archon when you can't even type on a damn computer, huh?"

"oh..right sorry sir. I'll do better"

All I do is work. I won't see the end of it. Work until my hair falls out, my fingers get numb and my skin is peeling from the base.

I wanna be better. I wanna be him.
I wanna be an archon.

Mondstadt's Freedom
Liyue's Contracts
Inazuma's Eternity
Sumeru's Wisdom
Natlan's War
and  Fontaine's Justice

The only known nations' motifs. The seventh and final nation is a mystery to us all.

The rulers of said nations are their seven governors. Also known as the seven Archons. Each archon is the ruler of their own nation, and watches its inhabitants to ensure that they're following along with the motif of the nation.

My nation's motif?

eternity.

Standing up from my tight-fitted cubicle, I make my way towards the common area to grab a drink or two. Coffee of course. We aren't granted other options. Since it's crucial that our bodies stay energized.

In the nation of eternity, all must withhold a standard and prove themself worthy to become the next archon.

How to become the next archon?

The archives

The archive is a new event created by the 'world founder'. It's a new event, but everyone leapt to the opportunity to want to present themself. The archive is a set of skill-based competitions put together. You must compete against others in your region, and the last man standing is deemed the archon.

That is if you have the will to defeat the current archon.

Succeed and you're granted the honor of representing your nation and becoming the archon.

Lose and—

well, we don't know what's to happen if you loose, that information was never shared.

After hearing the soft purr of the now empty coffee maker, I take a gentle sip, inhaling the hot smoke and the bitter taste of black coffee.

"Hey! [redacted name]! I didn't know you were scheduled to be in today, how's it going?"

"Oh? Kokomi, hello there. The thing is, I wasn't scheduled to be in today. It was kind of a last minute call. But, the day's been a breeze so far." I say, not long afterwards taking another sip of the black coffee.

Sangonomiya Kokomi, well known for being one of the company's lead marketers, and also one I consider to be my friend.

We don't talk much, but when we do it's something I enjoy. It gives me relief. No, I'm not lonely, I'm just alone most of the time.