The Kingslayer

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

"It is strange seeing the last remaining member of House Dayne."

I turn around, seeing Jaime Lannister with that gold armor, white Kingsguard cloak, and that sword baring the proud Lannister Lion on it.

"I remember your father quite well. The way he fought during the fight with the Kingswood Brotherhood still gets me every day."

"Sounds like you admired him quite a bit, Ser."

He nods with a smile.

"I wanted to prove I was better. I became a Kingsguard a sixteen. That goes to show my prowess when it comes to the blade."

"Ah, do you want to test that sometime?"

I ask, hand itching towards the hilts of my swords on my hips. The Kingslayer just grins even wider.

"Is that a challenge?"

"If you'd like it to be one, then yes. But I'm afraid of what would happen to you. Your armor is all nice an shiny. Not even a scratch on it."

"People have been swinging at me since before you were born. They just seem to miss."

"Mm. Make no mistake, Lannister. When I swing at you, I won't miss."

Ser Jaime frowns deeply, and I smirk, turning around and walking away from the Kingsguard. But the questions of my father and my entire House ring louder in my head as time continues to go forward.

I make my way down to the crypt, walking down the wet and dark steps. I walk down the long halls, seeing the statues marking the resting places of generations of Stark's. Near the end of the hall, I see Lord Stark looking up at the statue of Lyanna Stark.

I stand behind him a shirt distance back, giving him some space. He sighs but doesn't turn to look at me.

"I've been... questioning why I'm here for some time... Why is it that a Dayne of Starfall is all the way up in Winterfell?"

He doesn't answer.

"What happened to my father?"

I take a step forward, tears brimming in my eyes and Lord Stark finally turns to face me, a saddened look on his face.

"Your father was killed a long time ago. But before he died, he gave you to me as to protect you from harm that might come to you."

"You're lying."

I say, shaking my head.

"I know there is a small truth to your lie. But I can see it in your eyes that it's not true."

I take another step.

"All my life, I've been looked down upon here. Sure, Robb, Theon, Bran, Arya, Sansa and Jon are like my family. Jon and Arya more so than anyone. But other than them, I have nobody. I have no family..."

A few tears trickle down my cheeks slightly and I look down at the floor, seeing said tears drop to the ground.

I fee a gentle hand on my shoulder and I look up, seeing Lord Stark with a soft look on his face.

"You may not share my name or even my blood...but you are family. You are a Stark of Winterfell."

I let out a painful sigh of relief as Lord Stark let's go, making his way out of the crypt. I turn back, looking at the statue of Lyanna Stark. The moisture in the air down here makes it look like she is shedding tears. A small feather us in her hand and I touch it for a moment before turning around and leaving the crypt.

I find Jon later that night, not at the feast, but rather in the courtyard swinging harshly at a training dummy.

"You look like you could use a better training partner."

Jon stops and looks at me with a smile.

"I think we both know who would win that."

"Yeah, but it gets you used to be knocked around a bit. You'll be grateful for all my teachings to you when you take the Black."

Jon and I chuckle and he steps towards me.

"Is that so?"

"Mhmm."

I respond and draw both of my swords, twirling them in my hands effortlessly, waiting for him to strike.

"Now it begins."

Jon smirks.

"No. This time it ends."

Jon swings high and I block with both blades, pushing him away. He recovers quickly and levying several fast strikes which I deflect every time while twirling my blades. Ser Rodrik has taught him and I well, but I know I'm better than him.

That fact is proven when I knock the sword from his hands, sending it across the courtyard. I smirk a victorious grin.

"It appears that I win again, Jon."

"I still don't get it... How do you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Two blades? How do you just effortlessly move around with two swords?"

I shrug my shoulders, grin still remaining.

"I guess I'm just that good."

Jon sits down on a bench, still trying to catch his breath.

"You look like you could use a bit of wine."

"Yeah...yeah.. sounds good."

I nod with a smile, making my way inside the great hall, seeing many people drinking, laughing, and just being downright loud. I spot King Robert burying his face in some woman's breasts and I grimace slightly, catching the embarrassed look from the Queen.

I spot Robb and I wave to him, with him returning the wave with a smile. I snatch a bottle of wine and start to make my way out the door but I'm blocked by that stupid fucking lion.

"Pardon."

I try getting past Ser Jaime but he doesn't move.

"Did you hear we might be neighbors soon?"

"No."

"King Robert has asked Ned Stark to be his new hand after the tragic loss of Jon Arryn."

"Mm, so tragic I bet."

Ser Jaime smiles.

"But if that is the case, I won't be going to King's Landing. I have more things to do up here in the North."

"That's such a shame. I'm sure we would have a tourney for Lord Stark's new position. The competition has gotten a bit stale lately."

I chuckle.

"I don't fight in tourneys."

"Because you're afraid or daddy doesn't let you?"

I glare hard but keep the smile on my face.

"I don't fight in tournaments because when I fight a man for real I don't want him to know what I can do."

We continue the eye contact, and I never back down. Finally, Ser Jaime chuckles, looking away.

"Very well said, Lady Dayne."

I almost growl as the Kingslayer walks away. I turn on my heels, making my way to my room, totally forgetting about Jon and the wine.

I make it to my room, immediately slumping down on my bed. Soon, my ears fill with the ringing of the songs of steel clashing against one another. I shiver as I fall asleep, wishing the nightmares don't come tonight.

~~~~~
A/N

And there's another one. Hope you all like it.

Thank you for reading!