Panic

I march my way to the Slytherin common room but the boys aren't there. I sit down and grab a book and decide to wait for them to come down. They usually come down to sit by the fire in the evenings while they play wizard chess.

I can't concentrate on my book and I find myself reading the same page over and over trying to make sense of it. Frustrated and tired I slam the book closed.
I look up to see the boys staring at me.
"Hello", I get up off the seat suddenly.
"Look I'm sorry for what happened in the great hall" I begin.
"Why is Harry acting like I'm some sort of villain", Draco interrupts.
"What? He doesn't think that", I protest.
"It seems that way (Y/N)", Blaise chips in.
"Guys I'm sorry but you have to understand it's not my fault. I didn't ask them to do any of that", I plead.
"We never said it was your fault but..", Draco continues.
"But what?", I ask.
"It's not fair on us (Y/N)", he says sadly.
"Me and Draco have been thinking", Blaise starts.
"And we want you to choose", He says quietly.
"Choose? Choose what?", I ask confused.
"It's us or them (Y/N). It's the only way it can be", Draco looks down.
"What?? You want me to choose between you and them? Are you mental? You can't be serious!", I snap.
"We are.", Blaise says.
"Given what I know..", Draco begins.
"Given what you know? Given what you know! What do you know Draco! Come on please enlighten me!", I shout, certain my face has turned red at this point.
"(Y/N) I cant tell you. I've already said too much. My father would kill me if he knew", Draco try's to explain but I'm inconsolable at this point.
"Father? You care more about that waste of space then you do about the friends who've been with you since day one despite all of that. Despite you accusing my parents of being death eaters!", I scream.
"YOUR PARENTS ARE DEATH EATERS! YOU KNOW IT, I KNOW AND FOR HEAVENS SAKE BLAISE KNOWS IT!", Draco shouts.

Silence fills the common room.
A single tear drops from my tired eyes onto my reddened face.
"You've just made the choice a lot easier Draco", I say shakily.
"No (Y/N, I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that", he pleads.
I run up into the girls dormitories before I have to listen to another bad excuse.

In bed that night my eyes felt heavy and my mouth seemed jammed shut as if it knew I could scream at any minute.
My emotions tackled each other, darting from sadness to anger to rage to complete and utter nothingness.
I just felt numb.

When I woke up I felt tireder than I'd been in a while.
I went down to the common room and saw the boys sitting there looking very quiet.
"(Y/N)", they say in unison but I walk out without responding.

I go to the great hall and sit down with the trio.
"Morning", they say quietly.
"How are you?", Harry asks.
"I'm fine", I lie.
"You look tired", Hermione adds.
"I am", I say rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.
"Look I'm sorry about yesterday (Y/N)", Ron begins.
"It's fine. I don't care anymore", I say.
"We're sorry too", Harry says.
"We didn't mean to upset you like that", Hermione continues.
"Guys it's fine. I don't want to talk about it", I look away from them.
I see the boys walking into the great hall side by side with stern faces.
I catch Draco's eyes and I feel them burning through me.
They both look like they haven't slept well.
"Why aren't you sitting with them (Y/N)", Ron asks through mouthfuls of toast.
"Long story", I say.
"Come on. Tell us", Harry says.
"I don't know if I should", I say.
"I swear if they did something to you", Hermione begins.
"It's stupid. It's my fault.", I say.
"What do you mean?", Hermione asks.
"Nothing. Come on we're going to be late to class", I say.

First class today is potions which is not exactly a good thing since Draco and Blaise are going to be staring at me the whole time.
I sit down in my usual seat next to Ron. I decide today I am going to pretend that Draco and Blaise do not exist.
It should be easy considering I have Ron nattering in my ear every five seconds.
"Did you do the homework", he whispers.
"Yes", I respond.
I instinctively pull the homework out and place it in front of Ron knowing what he was going to ask next.
"Brilliant. Thanks so much (Y/N)", he grins and starts taking down the homework.
I glance over at the top of the classroom to see Snape glaring into the back of Ron's head.
I nudge him roughly and he jumps, startled.
"Weasley", Snape murmurs.
"Yes professor", Ron gulps.
"Show me your homework.", he says coldly.
Ron picks up his homework shakily and turns around to face Professor Snape.
Before Snape can grab the homework off of Ron, Professor McGonagall bursts in through the door of the classroom frantically. I've never seen her look so concerned.
"Professor Snape. It has been opened", she says quietly.
Snapes eyes widen and he leaves the room without further question.
"Everyone go to the great hall now please", McGonagall orders.
"Bloody hell", Ron says.

Everyone in the classroom scurries out of their seats and I can already sense the tension in the room.
Harry and Hermione come over to us as we're walking out of the classroom.
"What's going on", they ask.
"I don't know but it doesn't seem good", I say.
"I have a bad feeling about this", Ron announces.
"It's fine", Hermione says.
"If anything really bad was going to happen we would be sent to our common rooms", Hermione says.
"Can all students please make their way to their common rooms immediately. No dawdling. Go now, first years follow your prefects", McGonagall shouts across the castle.
"Bloody hell", Ron whispers.