CHAPTER XXVIII: the favor

⋆🏁⋆

⋆🏁⋆

══════ PAST ══════

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

🛑 TW : mentions of death/suicide, and murder.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

WILBUR WAS RIGHT WHEN HE promised to make the headlines. in the daytime when you were knocked out in the hospital, his body was found by staff members in the stadium, police being called to the scene. when running an investigation, lo and behold, they found no trace of you thanks to dream, and partially because of wilbur calling you on a burner phone that night. instead, they ended up searching his body and found a suicide note that led the investigation elsewhere.

the note wilbur wrote talked about king—particularly, how he treated his workers. wilbur ended up exposing some early allegations that he claimed to be true. it was... messy to say the least. the police ended up searching king, busting into his office and home, temporarily stripping him of his job because of the bad rep and the constant camera flashes from news anchors he was receiving.

on the other page of the headlines, george's mugshot was made public. good thing dream stopped him, and george ended up getting out of the car crash alive. because now george officially got arrested for attempted murder. the court trial is still being scheduled, even when you were finally discharged from the hospital. sapnap would only muster the little  energy and patience he had to visit george in jail. george was still his friend after all despite him trying to hurt you. meanwhile, dream absolutely refused to visit [haha the irony and the switch up from the lore], his main focus being on your recovery.

shifting gears though, there's been one main concern that was on your mind ever since you were in the hospital. you told dream about it briefly, but now it was time to get another hand from someone else you could trust. you waited around at the small parking lot of the plaza, scrolling through your phone out of boredom, your other hand shoved comfortably in your front hoodie pocket. before you knew it, the vehicle you were waiting for pulled up in front of the sidewalk, prompting you to glance up and smile at him.

he waved back and proceeded to drive within the parking lot, easily finding a spot and parking before he walked over to you. "hey y/n/n!" quackity greeted in a giddy tone, a wide smile tracing his teeth. you smiled back and giggled while hugging him. "hiii alex." when you pulled away, you reached over and patted the top of his beanie, making him laugh and swat your arm away playfully. upon inspection of his face, it was definitely all healed up now from the time the both of you were spending in the hospital, only a faint mark underneath his left eye visible against the smaller bandages on his clear skin. "cmon! you don't even know how hungry i am." quackity exclaimed, letting you walk into the ramen shop first.