Chapter 35

Yuri whips her head after hearing her wife's cheery voice from her office.

Curious, Yuri walks over and peeks through the small crack in the door, seeing her wife video calling someone on her laptop.

"Hey, Tzuyu, how are you? I haven't heard from you in a while," Ryujin says to the pretty woman on the screen.

Yuri knitted her brows. It's that professor again.

There's something about that professor that doesn't sit well with Yuri. She couldn't tell what or why, but she's always been jealous of the said professor since the day Ryujin introduced them.

Maybe because she's pretty and hot?

But Ryujin assured her many times that she's not feeling anything romantic towards her former university professor.

Yuri remembers her conversation with Jisu last week when she told the financial advisor about the changes she noticed in her wife's behavior.

She didn't mean it at the time when she said she thinks Ryujin's having an affair. But seeing how bright Ryujin now makes her think she could be right.

Could that be with Tzuyu?

It's impossible. Yuri shakes her head, turning to walk away from Ryujin's office.

Is she kidding herself? Tzuyu is in the states and has a wife too. If Ryujin is cheating, they wouldn't have had that call knowing it's Yuri's off today.

Right, right. She's just overthinking.

She should trust her wife with all her heart because Ryujin never cheated on her.

And if Ryujin's cheating on her with someone, she wouldn't leave her phone anywhere, lying around the house for Yuri to see.

Which prompts Yuri to check the said phone.

Nothing suspicious. No weird messages or calls from anyone she doesn't know. She also browsed through Ryujin's social media and hasn't seen anything suspicious either.

Yuri sits on the couch and sighs.

What the hell is happening to her?

Is she really going this far to check Ryujin's phone?

She exits from all the apps and stares at her wife's wallpaper, a new drawing of the character Julia in a pantsuit. She remembers Ryujin mentioning some fans requesting to create a poster of the main characters in a suit.

This made her open Ryujin's gallery. She browsed through the photos and images that comprise majorly of their pictures together, some creative shots of anything, and Julia's.

Yuri stops at a particular image of Julia who's back naked with her head tilted to the side--showing her side profile. Yuri squints because even if Julia's eyes are covered by her hair, her nose and lips seem familiar.

Yuri couldn't understand why it reminded her of Jisu.

As she goes through the other images, she can't deny the Jisu-vibe this character is emitting.

But that's impossible, Yuri thinks again. Ryujin has been drawing this character since they were in high school. The manhwa red rope was also published even before they met Jisu.

This could all be just a coincidence.

Jisu's happy with her soulmate. Ryujin doesn't seem to like the woman as she keeps skipping the meetings whenever Yuri asks her to join.

It is improbable that Jisu and Ryujin would even be friends.

She hears Ryujin's laughter echoing from the room.