𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘺-𝘸𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘺

☼

"Hold on, let me just... process this." Tony paces back and forth. "Your boyfriend, Loki... is alive."

"Boyfriend?" Yelena exclaims, scandalized by the word being in the same sentence as the name of the person who once tried conquering the world.

"He is not my—!" She almost yells, but stops herself to inhale. "Loki is back, and he's in Asgard with Thor." Anya glares at Tony and Yelena.

"And he's the Loki that escaped with the Tesseract when me and Thumbelina went to go get it?" Tony slowly summarizes Anya's explanation.

"Pretty much."

"And time is being ruled by some... guy in a purple robe?"

Rhodey blinks. "You're focusing on the color of his robes?" He looks at Tony, unimpressed.

"I don't know! This is freaking me out!"

"Guys, can we just calm down?" Bruce waves them off. "This timekeeper guy, he's dead?"

"Yeah, and that means that everyone has freewill now. Loki saved us." Anya casually says as she looks at the empty wall spaces in the compound. "Huh. You managed to replicate literally everything except my paintings. Neat."

"Everything was scripted by some Doctor Who wannabe. Jesus, I need a drink." Tony walks past them and Anya stifles a laugh. At least she and Wanda handled the truth better.

"Did you even watch Doctor Who?" Anya amusedly asks while Tony drinks.

"So, if all of us have variants, and all variants can travel between realities, does that mean we can bring people back? Just like Loki?" Bruce wonders.

Anya shrugs. "Sure. But the variant has to be someone whose timeline got pruned, so it has to be a variant whose been arrested by the TVA before. And since there's freewill now, the TVA isn't needed anymore. So, no more variants with no timeline." She frowns. "Loki's the last variant of that kind."

"He never really dies, does he?" Sam quips, arms crossed.

"Nope. He's a Loki. He always survives." Anya mutters to herself. "So, what were you all going to tell me?" She looks at Rhodey.

Tony and Rhodey share a look, and Anya wavers.

Days pass, and the afternoon sun graces Loki's skin as he walks around the neighborhood. He is warmly greeted by a few men, women and children along the way.

He sees Sif by the docks, and she is smiling as she watches Valkyrie on the boat with the other fishermen. Loki walks up to her and grins. "Someone is quite besotted."

Sif rolls her eyes at his tone, but still smiles. "Oh, please. If your betrothed looked like that, you would be as well." She nods towards Valkyrie, who waves happily at them and winks at Sif.