Chapter 52

Diana had heard rumors about where the Gryffindor common room was. A Ravenclaw girl named Sarah who had been unfortunate enough to get her heart broken by Sirius Black had said that their common room was behind a portrait of a rather stout lady.

    Diana didn't want to know how the girl knew this, and she didn't even want to think about it. But she was pretty sure it was Black who had let the girl in, back when they had been going out.

     It took her a while to find the portrait of the Fat Lady, but she didn't have the password, so it appeared to be useless even when she reached it.

    "Er... Godric?" Diana tried to guess.

      The Fat Lady scoffed. "Yeah. As if we're that obvious."

      Diana glared at her. "I don't like you."

      "Well, no wonder you were sorted into Slytherin."

      Diana gritted her teeth together in anger, taking a step closer as she said, "Listen here, you piece of —"

     Her words were cut off the next moment when the portrait swung open and someone stepped outside. Diana looked at the boy who had just walked out if the common room, who looked to be in sixth or seventh year. He probably had a free period at this time of day, which is why he wasn't in class like everyone else.

     "Oh! Hi, Greg! Hadn't seen you in a while!" Diana said enthusiastically, patting him on the shoulder. The boy stood there in confusion, so Diana took her chance to walk past him and quickly snuck through the open portrait and into the Gryffindor common room.

     "I'm not Gre — OI! YOU'RE A SLYTHERIN! STOP RIGHT THERE!" the boy shouted after her as soon as the realization hit him, but Diana had already ran through the room, looking around her.

     Once she caught sight of the spiral staircase, she ran up the left side, following her instinct. In the Slytherin common room, the boys' dormitory was at the left side, so she decided to go with her gut feeling. She was lucky that the rest of the students had classes at that time of day and so the common room was empty.

     "WAIT!" the boy kept yelling as he ran after her, but Diana was faster.

     Her bad manners which her mother always scolded Diana about came in handy when she skipped two stairs at a time as she climbed up the staircase.

As soon as she reached the dormitory's door, she opened it and entered, closing it behind her as fast as possible. She then quickly took out for her wand from inside her robe before the boy could reach her and pointed it at the door, saying, "Colloportus!"

     The door locked only a second before the boy tried to open it. "OPEN THIS DOOR IMMEDIATELY OR I WILL CALL FOR PROFESSOR MCGONAGALL!"

     Hoping that it would take long for the boy to remember that he could use Alohomora to unlock it, Diana went in search of the dorm with the sign 'Fifth Year' on its door.

    When she finally found it, Diana entered through the door. To her relief, Remus was inside the room, laying down on his bed as he read book.

     Startled at the sound of the door bursting open, Remus got off the bed and shot up to his feet. But his shock grew much more and his eyes widened when he saw who it was.

     "What are you doing here!?" he said in surprise, but Diana only gasped in horror at his sight.

      Just then she had realized that Remus was shirtless, and all he was wearing was his trousers.