Chapter 82: Severing the brand

Amity's P.O.V.

All while we were tailing the three, I dread the moment to come. But what must be must be. If I don't do this, he won't have free will ever again. And so before placing the glyph on myself, I take a breath.

As I run which has been instructed, I hear everyone else is too making a dash for it. Immediately, the three look into our direction but not able to tell who's there. I'm glad that beast keeping one isn't here to track us. "What the hell?" The big purple coven head says out loud at hearing so many fast paced footsteps, but nobody in sight.

Creating a circle in the air, my abomination goo wraps around Hunter and pulls him to a tree. Then the goo wraps itself around the sturdy tree and ties Hunter to it, with his arms on either side near his shoulders but still holding onto his staff. At least he can't use it anymore. So now he should be kept at bay. 

I notice the hold on my breath increasingly annoying me and not being able to take it any longer. I rush to Hunter who can't aim his staff due to the position his hands are restrained to. And I pull off both his gloves and pulling his sleeves back. Seeing the dark veins surrounding him, there are purple, red and dark grey marks plaguing his arms. I may not know which side his brand is on, but what if the veins on his body show blank spaces of skin where there's no brand? And I check both wrists. 

First I check the left, and not being able to see anything to suggest the mark is on here due to the blank space. There are a few veins here and there, but I can see enough space to suggest there's no brand on this side. And so I move to the next one. There are far more veins on the right which suggests this is where he was marked. Especially with the veins covering the placement where one would typically be branded.

This is either one of or the most hardest thing I've ever had to do... And a sharp object makes itself present on my hand as I reach for the area where the veins seem to have specifically emerged from and cut into the skin. Of course I don't go too deep in order to avoid unneeded damage to his already seemingly damaged body.

(Gore warning)

I make sure to only cut the skin, and avoid the flesh as much as I can. Cutting a circle as blood seeps through. And as a circle has been carved around his brand placement, I peel off the skin, lifting off some of the veins with it. And I notice the veins surrounding his arms vanish one by one. The purple, red and dark grey spots on his arms are still there... There's barely any undamaged looking skin. It's all colors of purple, red and dark grey.