Bonus Chapter 1

2 months later (A few weeks before her birthday)

Xavier stares at us with a firm look while Jack and I who are sitting across him shuffle our feet nervously, both unwilling to apologize or move past this.

Having had had enough of this Xavier instructs to sit on the sofa all the way on the other end of his study while we 'think' about what we have done... 'Yeah like that's going to happen' I scoff inwardly while I wallow in the pool of anticipation eyeing the screen of my phone—that is concealed in the pocket of my jacket—with a watchful gaze.

'He should have been discharged by now...but why hasn't he called yet?'

A thousand questions flood my mind while I dwell in silent agony all thanks to my beloved brother Jack. As if on Jack cranes his neck to face me with a death glare of an expression.

"This is all your fault," he hisses earning an eye roll from me.

"Is not," I retort with the same amount of aggression.

"You stomped my foot!" He points out.

"I never wanted to practice that stupid dance to begin with!" I reply defensively.

"Like I said, all your fault!" He repeats, huffing in his seat beside me.

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

"Is not!"

"Is to—" He cuts himself off when we catch sight of Xavier staring at us with a reprimanding look in his blank gaze.

"I've had enough of this. Either the two of you apologize to each other...and mean it," he says giving us a stern look before continuing. "Or you two can spend the rest of the day here thinking about it."

Hearing the alternative option both Jack and I fall into deep thought. 'Apologise to him? Nope...not gonna happen' My pride chimes in immediately.

'But if I'm stuck here the entire day, I won't be able to video call Alessandro later'

'He's getting discharged today...it won't be long before he has to leave for Italy again' I weigh my options.

'Maybe I should tell the others about him and I?'

'But is now really a good time?'

My train of thought is cut short by Jack's annoying voice. "She was the one who stomped my foot, why should I apologize?" He says accusingly.

Sighing Xavier gets out of his chair and makes his way towards us and takes a seat at the coffee table right across us. "Astoria what have you got to say to that?" He asks in a calm tone.

I shrug, "it was an accident." I reply. "But wasn't an accident, was him pulling my ponytail after that," I add, inwardly smirking.

"She started it," he says throwing his hands up in frustration when he realizes that I have a way more appealing case here.

"No, you did," I retort.

"Can the two of you please just act your age," Xavier sighs pitching the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"I will if she does," Jack says snapping his head in the opposite direction from me.

"I'm sorry...but I've been fourteen just once. But what I do know is that eighteen-year-olds aren't supposed to be pulling people's ponytails!" I reply smacking his arm.

"She just hit me," he points out grabbing a hold of my ponytail and giving it a harsh tug causing me to wince in pain while I grab the throw pillow my back is resting against and smack him right in the face with it.