bonus chapter: 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺

I watch Elvi closely as she stares down at the fragile baby with such softness in her eyes

I watch Elvi closely as she stares down at the fragile baby with such softness in her eyes. He sleeps with his head in the crook of her elbow and Elvi runs her fingers over his head that has a lot of dark hair.

"He's kinda ugly," Lennox whispers from beside me.

Atticus slaps his hand over his mouth, trying to contain his laugh.

Elvi looks up with a glare directed at the twins.

"What? It's true. You can't even lie, bro." He smiles to himself and sinks further back into his chair. "He looks like a baboon," he mutters under his breath so only I can hear and not Elvi.

"Get out."

His smile drops and he turns to me, pouting. "I was kidding! I'm sorry, father."

"For the last fucking time, stop calling me that. I swear I'm gonna snap your neck one day," I threaten.

"That's a little extreme," he retorts. "Bunny, you need to get your man under control."

She just continues to glare at us. "Both of you get out."

"I'll shut up," both of us say at the same time.

She gives us a look that tells us she doesn't believe it. "I'm taking a nap so wake me up if Hades wakes up," she informs.

I nod my head and grab her hand, giving it a soft kiss on her palm. "I love you," I softly say to her, leaning down to give the baby's cheek a gentle kiss.

"I love you too, darling."

She lays her head down onto the pillow and closes her eyes, instantly falling asleep.

I continue to hold her hand in mine and rub the back of it with my thumb.

"When do you guys get to go home?" Atticus asks.

"Tomorrow if everything is alright and they're both healthy," I answer.

He nods in response, pulling his phone out of his pocket. Just then the door opens and Milo enters with a lot of food in his hands.

I cringe when the door closes loudly. A cry follows.

My head snaps over to the now crying baby. "Shit," I curse, not really knowing what to do. I pick him up and place him in my arms just like how he was in Elvi's.

I shush him and begin to rock my arms slightly.

"I'm sorry," Milo apologizes and I wave him off, telling him it's fine.

Eventually, Hades falls back asleep. I let out a sigh of relief, glad that I didn't have to wake up Elvi. I know she's tired and she needs a lot of rest.

Being very careful, I place him onto the bed with my angel again.

"I got you some food," Milo quietly says, reaching his hand out to give me a sack from Chick-fil-a.