Chapter 83

Amy couldn't believe it, for three days straight Bryan hasn't called. Why is he giving her the cold shoulder? Why does he treat her this way? She has been trying to reach him, but it keeps going to voicemail. Is he avoiding her? Or is he actually busy? Sometimes, she swears she doesn't understand the man she's dating.

Amy waited for her dad to leave for work before getting dressed in a black off shoulder long sleeve shirt and blue denim trousers with black ankle boots. Rather than drive in one of her cars, Amy decided to call an Uber.

On her arrival at Bryan's company, she didn't find his secretary on her desk, so she opened the door to his office.

"What is going on here?" She irritatedly asked the moment she walked into the office.

Since when does a secretary's job entails that she helps her boss put on his jacket?

Is this why he hasn't been picking her calls?

Does this scarecrow of a secretary have something to do with his recent behavior?

Bryan was surprised to see Amy in his office. What is she doing in his office this early?

"I asked a question, didn't I?"

Amy doesn't care if her relationship with Bryan becomes obvious to his employees. He is her man, hers alone and she intends to keep it that way.

"Leave us alone, Gina" Bryan suddenly said to his secretary, who scurried out of the office with her head low.

"What was that all about?" Amy asked again, gesturing with her thumb at his secretary, who just left the office.

"What are you doing here?" Bryan asked instead, evading her question.

"Don't try to change the subject, Bryan. I need to know why your secretary was all over you"

"What are you talking about? She was only helping me with my jacket"

"Oh really?! Is something wrong with your hands?"

"I have an important meeting to attend. You should've called before coming" he said, changing the subject. He had no idea why she was making a big deal out of nothing.

"Does that meeting have anything to do with being alone with your secretary?" Amy replied e heavy sarcasm.

"Don't be ridiculous, Amy"

"Likewise you, Bryan. Don't be ridiculous... Since when do I need to call my boyfriend before paying him a visit?"

There was a thick silence after that.

Amy was raging inside. She felt like pulling out the hair of his secretary, to make her know her place but she wasn't in the mood to get into a petty fight with a trash like that. She doesn't even get why Bryan still keeps her as his secretary.

Was he that blind not to see that his so called secretary is trying her hardest to seduce him?

"Bryan, why do I get the feeling you've been avoiding me?" She finally asked, breaking the awkward silence.

Bryan, on the other hand stared at her long and hard, making her wonder if she really knew him at all.

"We need to talk" he suddenly said, giving her goosebumps.

"What about?" She decided to ask in a quiet voice.

"About us" he simply replied, scaring her even more.

"Amy. We need to end this"

"I don't understand. End what?" She was sincerely clueless of what he was talking about.