Chapter Six

Hunter ~

The morning was pretty uneventful as Hunter and the teams finished PT and got showered and ready for the day.

Hunter finally got in bed around 10pm the night before, but tossed and turned for most of the evening unable to fall asleep. It wasn't until around 3am that he was able to finally find sleep, but had to be up three hours later.

He chugged his second cup of coffee, hoping caffeine would give him enough energy to sit through a couple of meetings.

Joining Bravo team and Nate in one of the conference rooms, Hunter took a seat and was ready to get started when Lainey's voice echoed through the phone in the center of the table.

"Hunter your 9am appointment is here."

Just the sound of Lainey's voice put a smile on Caleb's face, but Hunter's expression was utter confusion.

"I don't have a 9am Ladybug." Hunter answered.

The line was silent and all eyes went to Hunter who was rapidly running through his schedule in his mind.

Lainey appeared in the doorway and Caleb lit up like he hadn't seen her in years.

"Your 9am is um...Kenzie. She refused to come back here without letting you know. Said it would be unprofessional." Lainey said as she pressed her lips together trying not to smile.

Oh here we fucking go.

Hunter sat back in his chair and clenched his back teeth, knowing he was about to pay for his off handed comment from yesterday.

"Go ahead and send her back" Hunter said in a low voice that was unamused by Kenzie's bratty attitude, but knowing deep down that he probably deserved it.

The rest of the team was exchanging glances, practically giddy with excitement for the show that was about to take place, Pierce being the most wide eyed and happy.

Kenzie appeared in the doorway with a smirk on her face. Her blue-gray eyes were bright blue today as she stared him down, unfazed and unintimidated by his size when he stood to greet her.

"Morning Kenzie." Hunter said as he motioned for her to enter the room.

"Good morning Sir." She sassed. "I printed an itinerary for Zeus and I with times and locations of our whereabouts today. I also printed out an invoice for the overtime hours I worked last week by keeping him longer than scheduled while you worked late. You see, for a friend I would have considered this a favor, but since you made it clear that we are not friends, I made sure to log my overtime so I can be fairly compensated."

You sassy little brat.

"Oh shit." Pierce chuckled under his breath.

Hunter locked eyes with Declan from across the table who shrugged his shoulders as if to say - You deserve every bit of attitude you're getting right now.

Declan motioned with his head toward Kenzie, indicating that Hunter needed to address this with her in private and take her in the other room away from the grinning idiots that surrounded the table.

"Right. Can I speak to you in private?" Hunter asked through gritted teeth.

"Certainly Sir." She emphasized the word again as if she was taunting him with it.

Hunter followed her down the hallway toward his office and tried to get a hold of his own emotions. He knew Kenzie was pissed and was giving him attitude as a taste of his own medicine, but hearing her call him Sir did something to him. He knew she was saying it sarcastically and that he should have been annoyed, but he wasn't...he wanted her to say it again.