39.

"Romance is not dead, if you keep it just yours."

***

I would argue that every person on earth has a moment they can pinpoint in their life as the oh shit moment

I would argue that every person on earth has a moment they can pinpoint in their life as the oh shit moment. The oh shit moment refers to some pivotal event in a person's life that changes the course of their existence from that moment forward.

That something doesn't have to be to be mind-blowing or completely unforgettable. In most cases, it isn't. The moment could be tear-jerking, disturbing or something completely trivial like accidentally spilling coffee on another person or running out of gas, you get the gist of it.

Standing exactly as I was in Alexander Moritello's kitchen, I knew that this was my great oh shit moment.

"Jesus Christ woman, are you out of fucking mind?"

Watching Serafina Moritello, my savior, struggling to hold back a shrieking Sarah was just about as oh shit as life could get.

Is that a common thing around here? The Moritello siblings getting me out of shitty situations that could've been avoided? I really needed to take a crash course on staying out of trouble.

As soon as the female voice resonated with Sarah she immediately gasped and made a full three-sixty to face her. A look of pure shock and the slightest tinge of embarrassment replacing the blazing anger from a few seconds ago. I stood completely still, eyes open and mouth wide as I watched the scene unfold in front of me. My heart fell from its place in my chest all the way down to my ass and was still hammering.

"Oh, Serafina? Oh my god, I- what are you doing here?" she stuttered, attempting to hide the fact that she was just about to pounce on me like a wild animal.

"Oh don't play coy Sarah. It's pathetic to watch and quite honestly? You're getting too old." In all the time I'd come to be acquainted with the woman who hired me, I had never seen her so slack-jawed and speechless. If I wasn't still reeling from what was about to happen minutes ago—I would've laughed at the baffled expression on her face.

"This is all some kind of misunderstanding." She babbled, desperately waving her hands through the air. "This, this slut made my husband and I drift apart and I just, I needed to.... We were talking it out I know Alex would never cheat but I had to see for myself—"

Serafina raised her perfectly manicured hand in the air, instantly silencing her. "Cut the shit. My brother told me all about your foolish plans to trap him with you, you're lucky I'm not calling the police for trespassing on property you aren't allowed on." The scalding tone she spoke with would've sent direct shivers down my spine had she been talking to me.

After lightly shoving an incoherent Sarah away from me, Serafina gave me a small smile and rubbed her hand down my back. "You alright, sweetheart?" she asked, a frown replacing her smile. I nodded, still confused—although grateful—about why and how she was here.