Wattpad Original

Original Edition: 58. The Granpa

ARES HIDALGO

Watching her sleep relaxes me.

It gives me a sense of peace, of security that I never thought anyone could provide. I run the back of my fingers across her cheek gently, not wanting to wake her, though I know it would take much more than a simple touch for that. Raquel is exhausted.

I left her exhausted. A cocky smile forms on my lips and I wish she could see it so she could joke or tease me about it.

I know she would say something like "arrogant Greek god" to me.

She looks so vulnerable and beautiful in her sleep. Her transparency, the ease with which I can read her, is one of the things that drew me to her. I didn't have to worry about ulterior motives, lies or false feelings. She is real, so clear and obvious with everything she feels. That's exactly what I've always needed.

Clarity, honesty.

It is the only way I can trust and expose myself in this way, the only way I could allow myself to follow my feelings, release them and open my heart to her.

I lean in and kiss her forehead.

"I love you."

She stirs a little, but is still asleep. Watching her sleep makes me feel a little stalkerish, reminding me of our beginnings.

My little stalker witch.

The one who thought I didn't know she was watching me, all those times I acted like I didn't know she was watching.

A knock on the door brings me back to reality. I cover Raquel completely with the sheet and get up, dressing quickly, but I can't find my shirt. So I open the door without it.

Two girls, whom I recognize as Raquel's cousins, but whose names I can't remember, are petrified when they see me. Their eyes run down and up my naked torso shamelessly.

One of them blushes, sharing a glance with the other.

"My goodness, you're so hot"

"Cecilia!" The other girl scolds her.

Cecilia bites her lip.

"I'm just telling the truth, Camila, he knows he's hot, so why deny that we're dazzled."

I ignore her compliment.

I imagine you are the cousins who will be sleeping in Raquel's room.

Camila nods.

"Yes, we are sorry to interrupt."

I smile at her.

"Don't worry, come in. I was just leaving, I just need to find my shirt."

Cecilia follows me into the room.

"What's the point? You look perfect without a shirt."

Camila grabs her.

"Cecilia!" she gives me an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, Ceci has had too much drinks."

"Don't worry"

I pick up my shirt from the floor of the room and lean over to give Raquel a short kiss on the cheek, put my shirt back on and look at them.

"Don't wake her up, she's exhausted and it's been a hectic day for her."

Camila nods.

"Okay."

"Good night," I walk out into the hallway, and head for the stairs.

"Ares."

I stop and turn to see who is calling me. Cecilia walks towards me slowly, smiling.

"I...,"