Chapter 53 - A really shitty day

A.N: Here's, yet again, another chapter before I have loads of homework again. A long one too which is kind of rare. I actually wrote it last night (Sunday) but didn't want to put out both of them on the same day so I decided to wait, soz. As I'm writing this now (Monday) I have received another essay to write and a set of exam questions so I guess I jinxed myself.

Three days in a row for chapter releasing is pretty top tier though, I'm very proud of myself.

know that literally nothing in this is scientifically accurate, but let's just pretend it is for my sanity. I am so bad at remembering science stuff and I honestly have no idea how DNA testing works and even though I tried to look it up I didn't find anything helpful. 

I was also missing Natasha being involved so I threw her back in there for this one too. Hope you all like it <3

-----------------------------

"So" Seven walked back over to their desk with a microscope in each of her hands. "We place the hairs on the slips and add the chemical for each and note down what we can see?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it" Peter replied as he dug into his bag for his samples. 

"Here," She handed him his microscope before perching back onto her stool and grabbing her own samples, the bag labelled 'Nat' and the one which wasn't labelled at all. "Which one are you doing first?"

"Pepper's," He said, holding up the bag with a big black 'P' on, with a few strands of strawberry-blonde hair inside.

The two worked in near silence, placing the three different samples under the microscopes and writing down what they could see. Seven had taken it upon herself to draw little images of each next to her notes, which she was finding rather fun before she realised she was still in biology, and going back to just being bored. 

"Oh shoot," Seven said after she had finished all three, looking at her whole page for the first time.

"What?" Peter looked up from where he had been jotting down notes.

"I think I must've added too much of the chemical as it doesn't look like it's supposed to," She sighed.

"Let me see," Peter said and Seven handed her the book where she had drawn very detailed, accurate drawings of the cells. "You're right" He nodded, "You must've added way too much otherwise these would be different" He pointed at most aspects of the drawing and Seven frowned, she didn't want the teacher to get super mad at her again. 

She decided that she would just write about how she added too much in her essay and how that can ruin the results and their reliability. And then when they got the lab tested results back then she could write about the actual results.

As the lesson came to a close, Seven packed up her microscope and placed it back on the shelf where it belonged. She labelled the zip lock bags with the rest of the samples 'Seven Thomas - Biological', and 'Seven Thomas - non-biological' before taking them and adding them to the pile that was growing on the teacher's desk. 

The Friday of the same week came around faster than she had thought it would. Seven's week had been pretty good but her mood had been decreasing over the last two days, and she knew exactly why. She had also been dreading it.

The trays were full again and Seven looked around with wide eyes. Plain walls. Grey eyes. Terrified stares. Oh god. 

She scanned the trays for what she knew would be there. She knew she didn't really need to look, she knew what would be there. The rope, the gun, the knives, the bow and arrow. She also didn't need to weigh up the positives and negatives of running for each weapon because she knew which one she would go for and when she would go for it.