chapter 24 | Lights on

The sweat getting ready to roll down my temple, the movie stops right after the camera turned in another direction to not film them while they are having sex, the screen remains black, and the light switch on to give us a break at the worst moment ever.

Amazing.

The embarrassment fills me once I have to face y/n, and I straighten my back and close my legs to be in a more comfortable position and cover my crotch by holding my snack on it.

Knowing that silence is only going to make it worse, I grow some balls and lean towards y/n to speak. "I want my refund," I open my hand in front of her, and a quiet chortle escapes her through her nose. She punches my arm. "You're the one who told me to pick, okay?"

"Yeah, but still," I do not accept this excuse and try to release the tension the scene caused. "I didn't pay for this shit."

"It's just you and Hojun, what's wrong about this—"

"You—" I slap her thigh without thinking twice. "What did you just say? I'd never do this with this dumbass."

"Why are you lying?" she gapes at me as if it was a lie to deny it. "I see the way he touches and kisses you all the time, and you always smile when—"

"No! We just like to joke with each other, but that's never serious! And there's no proof! I didn't kiss him!" I defend myself to not let her believe I would ever do that with him. "I saw you kiss his ear and cheek the other day!"

"But—" I stutter and laugh at myself out of nervousness. "It was just because— And why do you stalk me, uh?"

"I don't. I just looked at you at the wrong time," she explains herself in a simple sentence, enjoying this argument that she knows I always fight to win. "Oh, sure. Excuses. You know," I quickly drift to something else since I know she misunderstood what she saw. "If you were a guy, I'd kiss your neck just to piss you off or joke. Especially if I know you like it. I don't feel anything when I do it to a guy, so I can do it and hug them because I know this won't do anything to me."

She smiles at me without saying a word as if what she heard had affected her mind and left her speechless.

"I gotta pee," she stands up, but I do not stop her, realizing I gave my brain some images that I always try to not have. The dream I had yesterday where she was kissing and hugging me came back in a second, and the butterflies it sent through my chest muted me.

Now I have to be alone in my seat and eat popcorn while having a fight with my own brain to not replay the dream in my head. I truly love this feeling, I am not going to lie, I love the warmth it shoots through my veins, the speed of my heartbeat that accelerates the more I think about it, and the love it makes me feel without even being real.

For this effort to be easier to make, I take my phone out and check my notifications but take a picture of the giant screen to post it in a story, then I text Hojun.

[ we just watched a gay scene and y/n said it was me and you, bro. This is all your fault. I hate you >

< she knows you love me;) ]

[ I don't. And she fucking saw me kiss your ear and cheek the other day! >

< 😂 ]

< good to know she knows who you belong to ]

[ shut up. >

< :) ]

< did you enjoy that scene tho? I bet you did ]

[ and what if I did? Do you have a problem with it? >