~Meeting~

*Veronicas POV*

"Bye honey!" My mom shouted waving to me as I walked away from the car. I thoughtlessly slammed the car door shut ignoring her attempted kind gesture to saying bye.

Two faced bitch.

I've never really had the best connection with my mom, specifically because I don't have the best history with her. We moved here to a small town only a few weeks ago since her and my father divorced, and well, as much as I would have loved to stay with my father. The whole divorce was over figuring out i wasn't his daughter, so he had no part in the argument to keeping me. If my mother had only kept her legs shut, had me with him, I'd be his genetic daughter. But other than, she's had a drinking problem for years now, and it always got progressively worse, she lost countless jobs including her previous one, lost her license and every single good relationship she could ever have. But I still love her at the end she is my mother after all, right?

I was immediately greeted by a short blonde girl, she was pretty, she had the features you'd be jealous of. Ocean blue eyes, natural black lashes and freckles decorating her nose and cheeks, perfect body! And her silky long hair just falling perfectly below her shoulders.

"Hi I'm Olivia Astrid head girl!" She cheered bringing her hand out.
"I'm Veronica West new to the school..." I replied with a small smile looking at my surroundings. The building looks like it's barely been cleaned, most the lockers had rust and the stench of what smelt like wet wood filled the schools air. This is definitely not what I'm use to but it'll have to do.

"Welcome to New Lake high school! Head boy Asher  Raven will be the one to help you around today since my schedule is fully booked so he'll be here soon!" She assured shaking my hand fast and walking away to a teacher. So she's one of them... teachers pet.

I wondered not to far from where I met Olivia and found a bench where I placed my bag, dusting the surface of the bench then lifting my hand and looking at the dirt thickly coating my hand.
"Ugh..." I cringed to myself wiping the dust of with the underside of my shirt. And sit down next to my bag praying that none of dirt would get on my pants.

I sat waiting patiently, texting my best friend on how disgusting and dirty this cheap town is. My "dad" was a rather privileged man with the wages he received, he spoiled my mom and I rotten. I had gone to a rich school, had rich friends, a house, and lived in a rich neighborhood. But that was before "certain" events had happened. I'll never let my mom down for this, I just hope to the love of god she pulls her socks up so I won't have to be here for much longer.

"Veronica West?" I heard a deep voice from in-front of my feet, I lifted my eyes from my phone to see a rather good looking boy standing right in front of me... his fluffy brunette hair hanging just above his eyes, and his dark seaweed green eyes stared at me. At least the town has hot people.

"I'm sorry who are you?" I ask while standing up, placing my phone at the back pocket of my jeans and picking my bag up placing it over my shoulder.
"Asher Raven, I'm head boy I'll be the one to show you around..." He laughed.

"Oh yeah, sorry, can't blame me."

Why am i being so fucking awkward.

"Pretty name by the way." He winked.

"Thanks, but I'm here to be shown around not flirted with..." I scoff giving a small smile. If anything, I know I'm not going to be here for long, I can't get attached. But I can play around can't I?  he chuckles. "My bad. Only trying to be nice" he chuckles starting to walk, I followed.

Time seemed to go pretty quick as he showed me around we made a good connection as well. He isn't a bad guy, I feel bad for being a dick earlier. I mean we also got to the point where we were silently laughing. The ma has it alright.