002. wishes

"a rock? seriously, andie? you broke your arm because of a rock? are you weak or something — OUCH!" evan held his arm, feeling the sting from andie's smack

"i didn't break my arm because a rock hit it, i broke it because i wished for it to happen. this rock grants wishes, i'm telling you." andie glared.

"i don't believe you." evan replied bluntly, his expression mirroring his monotone words.

"fine, here." she spoke, giving evan the rock to hold as she used one hand to control the wheel, "hold it in your hand, and wish for something — but don't make it too intense, yeah?"

evan sighed, looking at the rock in his hand, "i wish that my room is clean."

"that's a very good wish."

"i guess. i feel like you're going insane, andie."

andie pulled up in a parking spot by their apartment, "five dollars if it's clean."

"deal."

the two got out of the car, walking towards the front door. anticipation filled the space between them. behind the door would be the truth the rock held, andie just hoped she didn't end up looking stupid.

"there's no way it's clean, andie."

"accepting defeat?"

"never."

when entering the apartment, the two raced towards evan's room, revealing the cleanest his room has ever been.

"but — there's no way!"

"i told you, evan. this shit grants wishes."

"that's some voodoo magic." he replied, a bit frightened.

"imagine that shit grants my wish of wanting to go to a fantasy universe? like harry potter or some princess story?" andie joked, causing her to think about it for a second.

"oh, no. nope, nope, nope! i am not doing this. i am not doing it. count me out." evan crossed his arms and shook his head. andie frowned, putting on a small pout in hopes he would soften up.

"come on, evan! we can finally live our dreams without reading a book or watching a movie. plus, we don't have to act like we're in a larp in our household. we could literally live in it."

evan sighed, he knew how much andie wanted this. he knew how much he wanted this. but the amount of danger there's going to be is relentless. it's making him afraid. he couldn't bare to see andie get hurt.

"andie, don't you think this is dangerous?" he asked, nervous.

"i mean... maybe. but you can't get what you want without a little bit of pain."

"you already broke your arm, andie."

"and i won't get hurt any more." andie replied, grabbing his hand before giving him a sincere look, "trust me?"

evan looked at her, then her arm cast. taking a deep breath, he nodded.

andie placed the stone on the palm of evan's hand before she rested her hand onto his, protecting the stone with both of their hands together.

"we're going to look crazy. how do we know that the rock can grant the same wish and give it to two people?" he asked, looking at andie.

"you just have to trust it." she replied, not making eye contact. "this is going to be really corny.."

the two faced the window, hand in hand.

"we wish that we could live our dream." the two chanted together.

nothing happened for a moment. the two let go of each other's hands, watching the stone glow brighter than it's ever glowed.

a sharp pain shot through their heads, causing them to yelp in pain.

the pain didn't die down, it got worse. evan passed out, andie began to lose consciousness, and the stone's glow began to blind them.

"evan?! evan, wake up. this is not funny, evan."

andie couldn't stand the pain anymore. she sat down next to evan carefully. her eyes slowly closed as she groaned and held on to her head, "god, please don't take me now," she mumbled before she stopped moving, her consciousness being lost entirely.