Words of War

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

"Why do I have to leave but you stay here? It's stupid!"

Arya pouts loudly, slumping onto my bed.

"I'm not the daughter of Eddard Stark, that is why I am staying in the North."

"Yeah, but I have to go south to King's Landing. What is so great about that? From what I have heard it smells like shit there."

I chuckle at her words.

"Quite a mouth you've got, Arya."

"You're the one that taught me most of the bad words."

"And I learned them from Robb. I guess not all the Stark are little angels like Sansa."

Arya rolls her eyes with a smile.

"Sansa is pretty much drooling over that stupid Prince Joffrey. It's all she's talked about since the King's arrival."

"Well, some day, gods help her, she will be married to the royal prick."

Arya sighs heavily.

"What's wrong?"

I ask.

"It's just... I don't like Sansa, sometimes. But sometimes, she's almost as good as you."

"Almost?"

I chuckle and Arya smiles.

"You get what I mean. I just don't want her getting hurt because of him. I'd fight a war against Joffrey if he hurts her."

"I would to, Arya. I'd fight for you, Sansa, Robb, Jon, Bran, Rickon, your father and mother as well. I'd fight for the Stark's any day."

Arya smiles brightly and quickly hugs me.

"And whoever pushed Bran from the tower will die. I will kill whoever did it."

I half mumble.

"Do you think it was the Lannisters?"

"I don't know, Arya... I don't know."

~~~~~

I watch a good distance away as Robb says his goodbyes to Jon. The two smile and embrace like true brothers and I smile. They separate after a few moments and share one more smile before Robb walks away from Jon.

"You alright there, Jon?"

I ask, stepping towards him. Jon shrugs.

"I guess. I'm just nervous, really."

"Well, you'll have plenty of time to rethink about it on the way to Castle Black."

I joke and Jon shakes his head with a smile.

"Who's going to keep you from trouble now that I'm leaving?"

"I think you got that backwards, Snow. Who's going to keep you from trouble?"