3

...

The next few days of living on the small beach-town with the new neighbour on board, Harry didn't feel alright.

He felt like he was being watched, and like something was always present when he was alone. It felt like those times when you see a horror movie at nights alone and after it, it feels like the bad monster of the movie is now there with you, looking at you.

Sara tried to tell him he was probably being paranoid and that it was normal for someone who was told that a suspect was living next to him. But Harry just couldn't help but panic all the time. Even though he knew it was all psychological.

And today, Harry woke up like every other day, his alarm showing that it was 05;00 in the morning and he had to be out in the run soon. But as every other morning he would sit on the window with a pair of binoculars and watched Louis' house, one morning he did actually find him awake, he followed his every action like a creep he was. The neighbourhood did nothing suspicious but one thing always made him wonder...the fact that he was almost always on phone calls or changing his shirts in front of the window, not that he's complaining, but it's fishy.

Harry sighted maybe it was very early for Louis to be awake today. He placed the binoculars away and huffed his eyes still glued to the opposite window. Harry saw something flash. He noticed another walk...it was Louis, in quite a hurry. He was taking his T-shirt off...Again...Harry was glued to the picture in front of him...a well tanned, fit and tattooed body stood in front of him in clean sight. His jaw dropped as he drooled over this image. It was too sexy and he didn't want his morning to start with horniness, but it might be too late now. He was so lost in the sight of the shirtless boy that he almost forgot how to breathe.

That is when he realised another pair of eyes was looking at him right back. Harry's breath hitched. Maybe he didn't see him...

Louis waved at him, making Harry squeal and fall of the chair he was sitting in. He didn't even bother to look out of the window, before storming out of the room in embarrassment. His whole body flushing red from blood-rush.

If he isn't getting killed he's getting railed by that guy for sure. Harry's inner voice just kept pushing him to take a step, maybe this could go well it told him.

He brushed the thought away. He cursed himself a hundred times for not being less obvious.

He feed his lazy ginger cat and than left the house starting his morning routine, trying to forget the image that kept hunting his imagination. Running away from his sinful thoughts that included a suspected murderer.

...

The seaside salty scent. Like a bottled past life memory. Always had a way on calming his mind down. Putting his soul to rest.

Finally some inner peace.

Quiet and gentle peace.

As his brain tried to regain his control. The images of his half naked neighbour flooding around his mind, started to fade into the background for a while.

Inhale!

Suddenly, as he was enjoying the soft and warm breeze of the morning summer sea, a weight sat on his lap and weird noises got close to his face. He did not dare open his eyes as the feeling of a soft and warm wet thing brushed over his face.

Harry stood completely still as he only opened one eye, to have a glimpse of the attacker that was licking his face off. It was a rather big golden thing sitting on his lap. He opened both eyes at once and noticed the big golden shining dog that was standing between his intertwined long legs, making happy noises as he wiggled his tail and greeted Harry with licks and kisses, enjoying the freedom he was given by not having a leash on his collar.

Harry laughed at the dog's lovely approach.-"Hey there shinny creature."-He said as he placed his spare hands over his head, rubbing him behind the ears.-"Where is your owner?"

Harry turned his head around to notice Louis running on his direction, out of breath. With an empty leash on his hand.

"Mellow you son of a bitch!"-He said panting as he reached them.-"God Harry, I'm terribly sorry, he's not usually like this."

"Poor owner."-Harry giggled as he continued to play with the dog.-"He's no bother, had me scared for a second, I was meditating and this ball of energy just came up to lick me. Took me out of my focus point."

"His name is Mellow, he's a golden retriever, extra friendly, always happy and shreds a lot."-Louis said scratching his head.-"Sorry about your interruptions."

"I can see he's friendly and I don't mind these kind of interruptions actually."-Harry laughed as Mellow wiggled his tail and barked.

"He's not usually so close to people. But when I moved out I left him at my sisters, and she probably never had time to walk him, college and all, so now once he's free, he's licking and hugging every unguarded person."-Louis said chuckling.

Harry had to admit it, his face showed genuine interest on the conversation, and the sound of his laugh was something quite angelic. Harry looked down at the doggie.-"You just have to do this..."-He said demonstrating some belly rubs.-"...and he'll calm down. Belly rubs always work."

Louis smiled widely.-"You must be good with pets."

"I have a cat, named Ginger Fox, she has separation anxiety, belly rubs work wonders on her."-Harry said enthusiastically.

Louis laughed.-"Ginger Fox? Let me guess, she has orange fur!"

"What's wrong with her name, I thought I did something there!"-Harry said pouting.

"No, it's a good name. I guess..."-Louis said chuckling.-"So why up so early?"

Harry blushed, he hope the conversation didn't turn around to the half naked incident.-"Just my morning jog, and some meditation. Keeps me in shape."

Louis eyed him up and down.-"Rather good shape I'd add. That explains the toned body."-He said and coughed awkwardly, he probably didn't mean to say that one out loud.-"I mean, you look great..."-And he fucked up even more now, he was panicking a bit.-"I mean...Ugh!"-He facepalmed.

Harry laughed softly at the situation.-"Thanks. That's so nice of you."-He said and stood up with Mellow still jumping around him.

"Let me restrain him."-Louis said and bent down to put the yellow leash on Mellow. Once closed, he stood back up.

Harry smiled softly as they just stood there silently, looking at each other.

"So after meditation I usually get coffee at the Beachwood cafe...If you'd like to join me, I could also give you a small tour around the small town."-Harry said as he played with his clipped nail-polished nails.

Louis shook his head.-"I wouldn't want to bother you, really!"

"There is no bother here, I'm usually quite lonely in fact, the cafe is always full of couples and I just stand at the corner alone with a iced coffee on my hand looking like some side character in everyone's life."-Harry explained trying to get Louis to come with him. Get to know him a little better, obviously there was more to him than just suspicions.

Louis looked down at Mellow.-"Do they allow my boy there?"

Harry smiled.-"There will be no such problem!"

"Okay than, guide the way."-Louis said chuckling.

And Harry's heart might have just bursted right than and there. And flippy flappy butterflies filled his whole body, as Louis hand touched his for a brief second as they walked together in the same path.

What was he getting himself into?

...