5

...

The next Sunday night rolled over pretty quickly after the day at the cafe and now Harry was currently getting ready for the beach party night.

He was trying on a thousand different combinations, while letting Ginger Fox decide if he should wear it or not. Ginger was getting annoyed by all this. So she turned around and started purring to sleep over Harry's soft pillows.

"What about this Gin-..."-Harry stopped in the doorway between his bathroom and bedroom when he noticed Ginger was asleep.-"You little sleepy bitch! No snacks for today."

Harry pouted, this was getting on his nerves. He needed some fresh air so he opened the window. He sighted, resting his head on his hands and rubbing his temples.

On the other side, Louis bedroom window was visible. It was an empty frame until, Louis walked past it, a towel around his neck.-"Oh hi there cheeky neighbour ."-He said a bit loud do Harry could hear.

Harry almost jumped, he looked up to see Louis, with only a towel around his neck, probably fresh out of the shower, steam still going up. Did he feel it wrong or did the whole afternoon turn hot?-"H-Hi Louis!"

Louis chuckled.-"Awkward as always. Why aren't you ready yet?"

"Same question to you 'always half naked' neighbour!"-Harry said boldly as he smirked.

"Oh wow! Nice way to comeback! I had some work to do downstairs. Needed a shower after all the dirty stuff going on."-Louis said checking under his nail, he didn't want stuff under them again because it was nasty.

Dirty stuff? Should Harry be scared...

"What about you?"

"Oh-uh...I can't decide what to wear actually!"-Harry said chuckling awkwardly.

Louis laughed and leaned on the windowsill.-"Can I help neighbour?"

"Maybe...Wait here."-Harry walked back to the bed and picked up one of his red flourish shirts and another white plain one with pearls. He than went back to the window and held them up for Louis to see.-"Which one?"

"Nice choices both of them. But I'm guessing everyone will be wearing the classic flourish aloha shirt...so go for the plain white, looks like pearls mixed with your golden skin tan."-Louis said with a wink.

Harry blushed.-"I guess you're right. Ginger Fox was no help tho."

"Wait...You asked a cat to pick?"-Louis said laughing.

"Haha! Very funny! I live alone! Who else am I gonna ask?"-Harry said huffing.

Louis breathed in hiding his laughter.-"Next time I'm here for anything neighbour!"-He said and removed the towel around his neck as he sent yet another flirtatious wink.-"Come around 8 to pick me up!"

Harry was left breathless as a figure of Louis fit body left the window's frame. He said a quick yes, and ran inside his bathroom. This boy would be the death of him...No pun intended!

...

At 8 Harry closed his front door and headed to Louis nearby house. He passed the fenced yard and knocked on the door. This time not getting distracted by raccoons or falling on his face...like he did not longer than a few days ago when he came to visit Louis for tea.

A loud voice was heard from inside.-"Come in! Door is opened! I'll be down in a minute!"

Harry recognised Louis voice and got inside. It was getting pretty dark outside, the sun was already down by now. Inside Harry was meet by Mellow who was wiggling his tail happily at Harry's arival.

"Hello there little guy!"-Harry said on his dog voice tone.

Mellow barked a few times and walked further in the hallways as if he was waiting for Harry to follow him. Harry did as probably asked.

"Louis are you ready the party is about to start any time now."-Harry said from downstairs as he followed Mellow till he stopped in front of a room.

Mellow started to scratch the door impatiently. Harry noticed the dog's struggle.-"Hey bud, maybe you're not allowed in there..."-But as he said those words he looked down to notice small stains of red liquid leading on a trail.

Harry gasped, he did not dare move as Mellow tried so hard to make him open the door. The dirty stuff Louis was talking about...is behind that door...he was 100% sure.

Harry had two options. A: Open the door and continue his investigation on Louis and his past. B: Run the fuck out of here and save hi skin before getting killed.

Harry went for the dangerous one, if he's dying, he's dying knowing what was happening in this neighbourhood! He was about to roll the doorknob when a hand touched his shoulder.

Harry screamed slapping whoever was behind him.-"Oh my god! Louis I'm sorry! I got jumped, I'm sorry."

"Why did you do that for! I was just trying to get your attention! I've been calling your name for hours."-Louis said rubbing his red cheek.

Harry felt embarrassed, and a bit shaken, frightened as he stood in front of Louis.

Than he noticed the wonderful outfit Louis was wearing and he had to remind his brain that no, he cannot let himself fall for his charms...but oh to be those trousers! That hugged his toned thighs so tightly, or that simple white shirt that stood ironed and fresh over his muscular body.

"I'm sorry, Mellow wanted to enter this room. But I didn't...I didn't open it I swear! Mellow wanted to enter he was scratching the door."-Harry said struggling to find an excuse.

"No! Not that door! Not again!"-He said his face serious all of a sudden sending strange vibes and red flags all over Harry's way.-"Mellow! Upstairs Now!"-Louis ordered and Mellow whined before running upstairs upset.

"He looks like an upset teenager getting told off."-Harry chuckled forgetting this was a serious situation.

Louis looked at him with an raised eyebrow.-"You're that kind of guy that laugh at a funeral aren't you?!"-He asked all of a sudden.

Harry gulped.

Than Louis laughed braking the still atmosphere.-"Just kidding, you do give off those kind of vibes tho."

Harry coughed a bit, cleaning his throat.-"I certainly did not laugh at any of the funerals I went to."-He said softly.

Louis looked down, maybe a bit embarrassed he knew nothing of Harry he couldn't just assume.-"Sorry about that...we should get going..."

Harry followed him to the car, it was a silent drive all the way to the beach, wasn't a long ride but Louis managed to keep the atmosphere as less stiff as possible. By putting some summertime songs, going across "By and By" by Caamp which Harry seemed to like because he asked for the name of the song and tried to remember it.

Louis was thinking that the reason to Harry's silence was his mean comment back at the house, something which made him think about the fact that he didn't know Harry's story yet. He didn't know how he got into this far town, or why he was here in the first place...so he also kept his silence hoping he didn't ruin his chances.

Harry on the other side was having an inner fight with his soft side. He's getting too close to this potential serial killer and he truly didn't want to end up his next victim. But still Louis, although a bit shady, had this magnetic side that just pulled him towards himself and he had no power to stop it.

Deep inside they just hopped for the best and prayed for the rest.

...