Chapter 15

Busy weekend so early publish. Is anyone enjoying this?

The Queen meanwhile was in long talks with her aides and generals.

"Your majesty, the wolves are preparing to attack and the humans also, we must do something, war is coming our way, we must get it under control" General Talc proposed.

Solenne acknowledged him and looked around at the others for suggestions.

"Yes I agree with General Talc, we should March in there and destroy them all" another aide spoke.

"Let's get this over with"

The Queen was annoyed with how stupid they all were.

"Gentleman, lest we not forget that you are planning to wipe out what feeds us, blood. Now unless you want to die with them, wiping out the humans is not a choice that we can make. In fact, I haven't heard one good solution to this matter" her tone overpowering them all.

The others looked at each other in realisation.

So she continued. "Whilst this is still brewing, we can only be uncertain of their plans, we need more information before we do anything. We need to get our towns under control, more patrols and any human slaves that are here must not be killed, they are dwindling in numbers and are our only source of survival" her eyes narrowed at them all.

They nodded their heads "as you command your majesty, we will see to it right away" they bowed their heads and the meeting ended.

"Your majesty, tonight's preparations are finalised, are you sure you won't bring your pet too? It would be good for the others to see you mingling" Solenne glared at General Talc.

"She will not be attending, that is my final answer" Solenne huffed before heading to her training with her guards.

Solenne returned to her study where she sat in deep thought, torn between her heart and her head.

"Hey" Nilsa beamed as she entered my room.

"Hey back at you" Aerilyn smiled. 

"What have you been doing little human? Hopefully not causing trouble, how was breakfast?" 

Aerilyn facepalmed herself.

"Don't remind me, thanks for ditching me!" she exclaimed giving her a playful nudge.

Nilsa laughed and pushed some hair behind her ears as she sat down.

"I must admit it was worth it to see the look on your face" she smirked.

"I take it you are not angry anymore?" Aerilyn asked.

Nilsa just shook her head and changed the subject.

"What would you like to do today?" She looked up at the girl. Aerilyn sat there thinking for a minute "do you think we could go for a walk outside?" Nilsa furrowed her eyebrows, she probably thought Aerilyn wanted to escape but actually she just wanted to feel the fresh air.

"I think that would be okay, come on then, get your coat it's a bit chilly" Aerilyn followed Nilsa through the castle and out the doors into the gardens, she breathed in heavily and Nilsa just laughed at the girl.

It was chilly outside, everything had started to die away but somehow it all still looked magical.

They walked around, not really talking much, just enjoying the scenery, fresh air and each other's prescience.

"Do vampires get cold or is that a myth? You aren't exactly wearing as much clothing as me" Aerilyn curiously asked, raising an eyebrow.

Nilsa turned to her with a cheesy grin on her face.

"No we don't really get cold, I guess it's a perk, same with the heat" that must be nice.

They looked out onto the fields, although there was a blue sky and the sun was beaming, Aerilyn felt sad for her brother and the others. Nilsa must have noticed because she tried to cheer her up with hope.

"There is a beautiful lake here, I must take you at some point..or rather the Queen can take you I guess" she shrugged realising that Aerilyn was not her pet.

"Nilsa why don't you have a pet?" Aerilyn asked, how she wished she could have been her pet, she was so kind and made Aerilyn view vampires differently.

"I have no need for one and I don't agree with it" Nilsa proudly stated.

"I wish I was your pet" Aerilyn huffed, Nilsa smiled at the girl sadly, she knew the Queen would have heard that with how strong her hearing was and that made her nervous, she knew they were training on the field, it wouldn't be long until Aerilyn saw .

In the distance Aerilyn saw people on a field, she was unsure what they were doing, she stood with her hands on her hips, squinting to see.

"We can go over there and see what they are doing if you like" Nilsa suggested, noticing her interest in them.

"Can you see with your vampire eyes what there are doing? I can't see shit with mine" Aerilyn laughed.

"Language" she warned, to which Aerilyn rolled her eyes.

"They are training" she carried on. Nilsa nudged Aerilyn to follow her over. As they approached there were quite a few of them engaging in hand to hand combat, the girl had become familiar with some of the guards but the only ones she really knew as she looked around was Ren, Talc and her eyes wavered noticing the Queen was taking part.

Aerilyn lingered on the Queen far too long, she was focused on her opponent, a big strapping guy who in normal worlds should have been able to take her.

She was beating him, almost running rings around him, until she noticed a change in the others demeanours through her intuition and the waft of the smell of human came her way. That beating heart that she honed in on like no other. Not just any human, her human, she knew that smell anywhere.

Her hearing was excellent and she had heard what the girl had said previously.

Solenne looked around, thinking her senses were deceiving her but low and behold Aerilyn was stood watching her curiously, they locked eyes for a second until Solenne found herself knocked to the ground by the man. What a distraction. Everyone was shocked that he had floored her.

"I am so sorry my Queen, I didn't mean to, please forgive me" he begged, he held a hand out to help her up which she gracefully took.

"None taken, you did well" Talc stood uneasy watching the human watch her majesty and vice versa, he felt the Queen was not treating her pet how she should be, it was strange. 

Ren also stood watching, he hated that human, he wanted revenge for what happened and he was also dying to taste her blood, it being one of the sweetest smells he ever smelt.

The Queen on the other hand was cursing herself for being caught off guard like that in front of her pet and everyone else. It was embarrassing, she is suppose to be the strongest vampire out there.

Aerilyn tugged on Nilsa's arm and whispered "can we go" impatiently, wanting to escape the Queen's gaze. Solenne looked between the two of them at their closeness and scowled.

"You know there is no point whispering when you are surrounded by vampires" Nilsa whispered back sarcastically. Aerilyn looked back up at Solenne who was frowning, she had clearly heard what she had said and didn't like that she so quickly wanted to leave. The Queen was going to come over but thought better of it.

The two arrived at the library which was soon becoming one of Aerilyn's favourite places, however, there were loud noises coming from it, it sounded like half a dozen people were in there.

The girl apprehensively opened the door and when she did she saw there were other humans sat around. Aerilyn stopped in her tracks glancing around the room. There were 3 girls and two boys, all quite young. They all looked up at Aerilyn curiously, glancing at her gold collar around her neck, a symbol of who she belonged too.