SIXTY

"And you really think this can work?"

It was Tuesday and we had occupied the art room as our official 'planning room' for our ultimate takedown of a certain Nikki Saxon.

I looked back at Leah and nodded, "If everything goes to plan, then yes."

"But... But what if we get caught? Won't there be consequences?" she nervously rambled. It came to Rya and I's attention rather quickly that Leah wasn't very used to scheming, and so her anxiousness for this was at an all time high. But we didn't mind showing her the ropes.

Rya shrugged, "Probably, but it'll be totally worth it. Besides, there would be no exact evidence to say that we did it. All she can do is point fingers." We had planned it all out perfectly. At least, we hoped. We weren't necessarily telling Leah the things that could go wrong to calm her nervousness, the poor girl was already a wreck. Rya and I could handle it just fine.

"Okay..." she hesitantly answered and rested her chin on her palm. I noticed the glimmering ring on her ring finger. The promise ring. It was gorgeous to say the least with the glistening moonstone gem illuminating whenever it caught the light. Adam definitely put a lot of thought into it because it matched her who demeanour perfectly.

A knock at the door set out heads turning to the one and only standing in the doorway. "Bad timing?" Adam playfully smiled.

"Nope, come in." I smiled softly. My talk with Roman that Friday night still lingered in my mind and, all in all, he was right about Adam. Whether I liked it or not, he still had a negative effect on me. In reality, our old toxic relationship wasn't too far in the past, and so I decided that time would be better between us. In a few years, I could probably be over it, but for now? Not really. I kept my distance for my own sake, and he seemed to understand. We were friendly just not friends.

"Taylor and I were setting up the supplies, plus we had an idea of our own." I saw the mischievous smirk in his expression.

"And what was that?" Rya raised an eyebrow.

"It's a secret but we're positive you guys are going to love it." His smirk only got bigger as he walked over and kissed Leah on the cheek. Her face turned bright red as she blushed and tried to hold in a small giggle. He sat down next to her placed an arm over her shoulders, gently pulling her into him. I had to admit it, they were cute.

"Let's hope so." I sighed under my breathe and looked down at the spreadsheet Rya had made of the details and structure of the plan. "It looks like we're done here for now but meet here tomorrow at lunch?"

"Totally." Rya agreed.

"Wouldn't miss it." Leah nodded happily.

We began to pack up our stuff as Adam kept trying to steal quick kisses from Leah. Her innocence reminded me so much of Roman when I first met him and it was adorable, and once she had packed up her stuff, she stood up on her tiptoes and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

"You alright packing up the rest of the stuff?" Rya asked as Adam and Leah left. "I'm supposed to meet my dad for some sort of dinner."

"Yeah, I'm good. Go ahead." I nodded before she slung her bag over her shoulders and said goodbye.

Just as I finished up packing everything away, I heard his footsteps at the door. It was weird. I knew the way he walked, the paces of his feet against the floor, the sound of the pressure he put into each step. I just knew. I always knew.

Turning my head, I saw him leaning against the doorway, eyes studying my body up and down.

"Hi." He smiled. I chuckled lightly and placed the box back on the shelf.