Chapter 63

"Just because you're allowed to use magic now, does not mean you have to whip your wands out for everything!" Molly screamed at the twins after they Apparated downstairs to come eat dinner and scared the living daylights out of her before they came barrelling for Leona.

"I have gossip to tell you," she grinned as Molly and Arthur greeted Harry and their eyes widened.

"Lena, don't be a tease," George said and she laughed a melodic sound.

"Not only will you be allowed to listen in on what my dad and Uncle Remus are about to tell Harry, but there's a little bit extra that I have to tell you after dinner. The Order has given you your very own mission."

"Leona, don't joke about things like this!" Fred exclaimed.

"It's nothing too big. You've merely been tasked with protecting me and keeping an eye on Harry, but there's a little more to it."

"Well, whatever the case, we'll keep you safe Rosalee," Fred promised as he draped his arms over Leona's shoulders.

She smiled at him as she leaned up to him for a kiss.

"Hey, do I not get some sugar? I'm helping too!" George complained and the couple rolled their eyes.

"Thank you, Georgie," she said as she hugged him, kissing his cheek as she pulled away.

"You want more than that then go owl Angelina," Fred grumbled as he pulled Leona back under his arm and then to her usual spot between the twins for dinner.

They then listened intently as Sirius, Remus and Moody explained everything to Harry, but then Sirius had to go and mention the thing that Harry thought was a weapon.

And Sirius had done nothing but smirk at the group of adults when Harry had insisted that he wanted to join the Order.

That decision was still pending.

Afterwards, Leona had put silencing charms around her room, which she'd had to change dramatically since she last lived here, before telling the twins about what Snape told her, about her powers and about the Death Eaters seeing her at the world cup.

After promising to stick together and always have an exit plan on hand, the trio had gone to bed, the twins in the room next to Leona's.

The next day had been Harry's trial, the Ministry trying to get him expelled when they changed the time of the hearing so that Dumbledore wouldn't be able to attend.

It had been a nice middle finger to Fudge's face not only when Dumbledore showed up to the trial but won it too.

And now they were all on their way to Hogwarts, escorted discreetly by a few members of the order.

Harry, however, wasn't pushing a trolly as he walked casually towards the train when a black, shaggy dog began to pad past them, and Leona's eyes widened.

"Uncle Remus -"

"I've already got it. Go ahead," the man smiled as he took hold of Leona's trolley and followed Harry who followed the dog into a closed-off waiting room.

"Dad! What are you doing here?!" Leona exclaimed as she closed the door behind her, and her father transformed.

"Sirius, if somebody sees you -"

"I had to see you off, didn't I?" the man grinned as he cut Harry off and Leona's heart couldn't help but warm.

It was her last year, and though her father wouldn't be there to wave her goodbye on the platform, this was pretty darn close.

Harry smiled as well as they sat down next to the man.

"And what's life without a little risk?" Sirius added.

"Dad, I swear to Merlin if you get thrown back in Azkaban-"

"Relax, my Rose," Sirius said calmly. "You as well Harry," Sirius amended, observing the worried look that had also overtaken Harry's face as the two sat down to face him. "I wanted you both to have this," he said as pulled out a folded photo from his pocket, a large group of people standing and smiling at the camera and each other.

"Mum," Leona said as her finger brushed over the face of Odette Black who stood smiling next to Lily Potter and all of the Marauder's, including Peter Pettigrew. Leona's eyes and hair might have been her father's, but the rest of her face was her mother's, the curve of her lips and the arch of her nose, the height of her cheekbone.

Harry's finger traced the faces of his smiling parents as he held the photo, Sirius and Leona looking over his shoulders.

"The original Order of the Phoenix. Took me a while to track it down, but that is Marleen McKinnon. She was killed two weeks after this was taken," Sirius said as he pointed her out. "Voldemort wiped out her whole family. And Frank and Alice Longbottom."

"Neville's parents," Harry murmured.

"They suffered a fate worse than death if you ask me. It's been 14 years, and still, a day doesn't go by where I don't miss your dad or mourn your mother," he said first to Harry and then to his daughter.

"Do you really think there's going to be a war, Sirius?" Harry asked and the man slowly nodded his head, Leona's heart sinking.

War always meant casualties.

And she didn't want to lose anyone else.

"It feels like it did before," Sirius said and Harry went to give it back to Sirius who only pushed it back into Harry's lap. "No, you keep it. I suppose you're the young ones now."

Harry smiled at him as he stared down at the picture and then to Leona who shared his smile before they were interrupted as Moody knocked on the door, a reminder that they needed to leave.

"Time to go," Sirius smiled as they all stood. "Stay out of trouble this year," he said as he hugged Harry.

"Dad, we're related to you and Uncle James, trouble either finds us or we make it," Leona grinned as the two men chuckled.

"You make a good point there, Rose," Sirius admitted. "But still, stay safe you two."

And then it was Leona's turn to hug her father, enveloping herself in his warmth that he radiated and the tea-like smell of his hair before he kissed her forehead.

"I'll see you when you arrive home for Christmas."

And they left for the train.