*Cold shoulder*

September 1st, 1992

The Weasleys, Dursley and Potters, were very late on their first day of school. It took forever to get out of the house, and they had to turn back twice because Fred and Ginny had both forgot something. It took even longer since they were driving, the muggle way of course. By the time they were at the station, they had 5 minutes before the train had to leave. "Percy, Iris you go first," I ordered Mrs. Weasley. They looked at each other a bit out of breath from the running. "You can go first." Percy offered. "I know I can." She said selfishly, before pushing her troll into the wall and disappearing. Percy scoffed and followed right after her.

"I was just being polite." He grumbled. Iris glared at him. "I'm perfectly capable of letting myself go first." She gave him one last glare before going to the end of the train to load and board the train. Percy sighed, he was a bit frustrated at her. Nonetheless, he boarded the train, and went in search of his secret girlfriend, who snogged him right as she saw them.

****

This year was off to a bad start. iris was disappointed at harry and Ron for their idea of getting to Hogwarts after they claimed the platform was blocked. Then at Halloween, everything went a bit berserk. Mrs. Morris had been petrified, blood-written messages were on the wall, Colin creevey got petrified, everyone found out harry was a parseltongue, and Gilderoy Lockhart was their DADA teacher. Iris seemed to have followed through her words, and completely broke off from Percy. He hadn't properly talked to her for months, and whenever they passed each other in the hall, Iris would say something rude or sarcastic. Percy wasn't bothered by it so much, but he did say something back once in a while. He had been spending more and more time with Penelope, mostly hidden away in dark corners, but Penelope proved to be a good listener. She seemed to have a deep understanding of his future goals. 

Iris hadn't smiled in forever. Her friends did everything they could to make her crack a smile, but she always seemed tense or angry at someone. For one thing, the new petrifying cases made everyone a little tense, no one walked alone anymore. Another thing was, Anthony was doing his ultimate best to make iris frustrated. he tripped her, bumped into her without apologizing, he even spit his coffee on her homework. Whenever they had quidditch matches against each other, it brought the whole school to watch. They've never seen a Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw compete with so much hatred. When they were forced to shake hands, one of them always broke a finger. Flying was also dangerous when in a 5-metre radius from them. Anthony sent buldgers her way every time, iris of course using Vernon-picked vulgar language. They both received warning from McGonagall that if they kept their behaviour, they'd have to resign from quidditch captain. 

So there are many reasons why iris was upset for the first 3 months back at Hogwarts, something she could never imagine doing. But most of it actually had to do with Percy, of course. Unfortunately, she was still in love with him. She did everything she could. Read books about it, tried spells on herself, she even grabbed random boys at some time and kissed them, obliviating them right after. None of it worked, and it infuriated her that she loved a jerk. Seeing Penelope come back to the dormitory late at night didn't help it at all. To survive her lovesickness, she did the thing her parents did best, she became nasty towards Percy. 

Christmas wasn't as heartwarming as last year. She still had some fun, but that was only with Mika. In a matter of fact, she didn't see Harry or Ron much that holiday. Christmas was pretty sad actually, the realization that Mika was leaving had hit her. The two girls tried to make their last Christmas the best they could have, but it wasn't much use without the twins or the boys around. "Mika," Iris sniffed after they had a little meltdown in the common room. "Imma miss you." She said. She was laying on Mika's lap on the couch, they both were facing the fireplace. "me too iris, but you should come live with me once you turn 17, you can bring Harry too." She said. Iris grinned. "Please, you'll be living in a rubbish bin for all I know." Mika laughed at her insult. "It'd be a pretty cool rubbish bin," Mika said, thinking about a neon pink bin with stickers all over it. "Oh I know," Iris said sadly. 

"Hey, what happened to George and you?" Iris asked. Mika sighed. "We broke it off. It was fun, but I wasn't sure if I was ready to move on, and anyways, I'm almost an adult. It'll be illegal for a couple of years. Once he graduates, we'll think about it again." iris tilted her head. "Aww, that's too bad. You two were cute with each other." Mika smiled at her. "Yeah, not as cute as you and Percy though." At once, iris frowned. "We weren't together," She stated. Mika rolled her eyes. "Cut the crap Ris, you two were head over heels for each other! What in merlin's name happened?" iris had been debating on telling Mika for a while, the anger was eating her up. "remember when Anthony told me he loved me?" She asked. Mika gagged. "uh, yeah, can't believe he was stupid enough to think he was good enough for you." iris took it as a compliment. "Yeah, Percy told me he loved me too," she said bluntly. Mika gasped. "No, he didn't!" She said sitting up. 

"Yup, and then he went off and snogged Clearwater." Mika was gaping at her. "That little piece of shit. I can't believe him! I knew he was never good enough!" Iris nodded. "Yeah, me too." they talked for about another hour until iris decided to leave to her common room. She exited from the portrait hole, but stopped when Percy bumped into her. "Blimey, watch where you're going- Oh, it's you. Sorry." Iris said, awkwardly walking around him and picking up the pace. When she passed him, she gave him a bit of a cold shoulder. Percy normally would have ignored it, but something Crabbe and Goyle made him wonder. "Iris, where are you going?" He demanded. She turned around looked at him, " To my dorm?" She told him. "Alone?" Percy asked, slightly harder than he intended. Iris raised both eyebrows, then lowering one of them. "What? You don't think I can walk on my own?" Percy shook his head, "What no, that's not what I meant-" iris laughed. "Yeah I know, just like everything else you tell me." She spat out before turning around and walking again. "iris what did I do?" Percy yelled, now desperate. He was getting annoyed that Iris was being rude to him. He thought by now they would have smoothed things over, but it was going on for too long. She looked into his eyes with pain and hatred. "Figure it out yourself Weasley." She said venomously. 

_________________

bit of a filler, sorry. I promise it'll start to get spicy