Matsukawa & Hanamaki - Hot Summer

Au: Regular

Au: Regular

Requested

Tags/Warnings: GN!Reader, platonic prankers having fun, swearing?

Word Count: 1.8k+

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

"What did you do to my water?!" Oikawa screeched, waving his water bottle wildly in the air while gripping his sweat-dampened towel in his other hand.

You crouched behind Matsukawa and Hanamaki, desperately trying to not let your snorts burst out as they hid their snickers behind their hands.

"What do you mean, captain?" Matsukawa asked, slightly nudging his light-brown-haired friend. You snorted, making him shift his arm to lightly smack you.

"You three," you peeked out from behind your friends' backs to give the brunette boy an offended open mouth stare. "Yes, you too (L/N). You're not innocent here. You three," he paused again, throwing out an accusatory finger, "put something in my water!"

"Ooh," Hanamaki drawled as he pulled out a small glass bottle filled with small white crystals from his pocket. "You must mean the seasoning. We just thought you could use a bit more flavour. That's all."

Oikawa's tone went up a level, making you flinch before letting out another snort. "Where the hell did you get restaurant salt?"

"(Y/N) works part-time at that western place." As Matsukawa spoke you stepped out from your poor attempt at a hiding spot to grab your bag by the door of the gym. Most of the team was taking their water-break and watching their captain with subdued laughs. Digging your hand into the backpack. "And you know how much their boss loves us!"

"I'm never signing another napkin for her again." Oikawa threw his head back with a whine. "I can't drink this now!"

Tossing your bag back to the floor, you walked up beside the setter. "Here ya go, Cap. Fresh, filtered water; sans salt."

The water olive branch you held out for Oikawa was stared at. His eye's nearly set it aflame with how intently he glared. His nose pinched.

"Oh just take it," you shoved the cold bottle into his chest, taking his sweaty towel in exchange with a disgusted shiver. "You sweat like a pig, damn. Maybe you should drink less."

"It's really hot out and sweat is normal!"

Matsukawa and Hanamaki laughed, encouraging the team to join in for a few seconds before they all collectively let out a depressed sigh.

From his seat against the wall between Yahaba and Kyoutani (who was the most surprising player to see lounging about), Watari cried, "Ugh it's so hot!"

Even after a water break, the team was sweating. You were no different, gripping the front of your uniform shirt to push it out and bring in a breeze. Sadly, even the fast-moving air felt hot against the skin of your chest. Swallowing, you straightened up. "Okay! It might be hot, but that's no excuse to slack off. You've all gotten plenty of water. I'll go find the coach. You get to your feet."